No announcement yet.

Please help me find my great great grandfather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really want to research for yourself instead of continually asking for help and then ignoring it Ancestry do 14 day free trials http://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/offers/...E2%80%93+Brand though if you've already had one I don't think you can have another. But even with access to Ancestry you will need at least that marriage certificate to ensure you are researching the right person.
    Last edited by JudithM; 22-06-15, 16:25.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Any reputable genealogy website that normally requires member registration, would block their site from the Bugmenot database.
      Genealogy is not a "free" hobby, as has been explained to you.
      Elaine

Comment

Debra doesn't want to spend any money but wants others to spend theirs. No such thing as a free Ancestry site.
        Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 22-06-15, 16:42. Reason: comment removed

Comment

Comment

I'm amazed that this seems to be the same person posting today as anntaylor but actually the debrabloom here? If so I've just wasted time finding out information that others elsewhere are also finding and have been doing before. I asked in my first post whether this was a genuinely new search and (while I didn't get an answer) it seems the answer is no!

Well that's me out!

Comment

is this a wind up??? there have been a few recently

Comment

If she (or her alter egos) have been blocked from other sites and she's now made it plain that she wants something for nothing, is it now time for our mods. to follow suit, perhaps?
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

And http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=721640.0

Comment

Thanks Ruskie - we have a couple of threads coming to the same conclusion. Nice to see you join us even despite if I may quote your "not brilliant advice on that forum" :-)

As for a ban, we don't know why the original poster(s) on the other forums were banned and Debra hasn't broken any rules here, so far as I know. At least our members know there's one among us asking for a lot, while ignoring all advice and giving little back in information or gratitude.
                    Rick

Comment

I don't think a ban is necessary either.
                      Sadly I think that Debra/Ann is not committed to finding out her family history, so there is nothing more that can be done to help her until she takes the advice given and purchases some certificates.
                      I also think a less abrasive attitude would not go amiss.

Comment

Thanks everyone for their input. I think Debra knows what is needed and that is to purchase the certificate so that she can move forward, possibly using some free resources for a while.

Shall we leave the comments there until such time as Debra comes back to the thread asking for more help, having first taken note of everything which has been said above.
                        Elaine

Comment

when i first started researching i didnt realise the cost. i tried to find info out for free but soon realised theres not much free when doing geneology. i didnt order certs straight away as i reckoned i didnt need them. i became a member of ancestry and found out so much information. i then decided to order a cert to see if what i had found out was accurate. there is no better feeling when those certs arrive and your research was spot on. please listen to what other memebers are saying though. as most of us will do searchs for free using our paid for features but most wont go out of there way if you just ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                            Shall we leave the comments there, until such time as Debra comes back to the thread asking for more help, having first taken note of everything which has been said above.
                            I think that's fair. The thread on the other site has now been blocked by the mods but let's give Debra the chance here to think about all that's been suggested and then to come back with more information (specifically the marriage details) that can then allow the search to be moved forward.

Comment

Working...
                            X