Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: medals

JBee

I remember seeing my grandfathers medals when I was a child ,so he did receive them .

Julip

If you join the British Medal Forum and ask a few pertinent questions you may get the answers you require. No problems in joining and there is no fee.
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Grumpy ,
    Thanks for advice, will get on it asap.
    Evelyn

thats awful Guy hope you get them back one day, have you tried maybe putting a post about them on FB its amazing what can happen on there.

Val

Originally from the UK now living in the USA
    I have the same issue with my grandfathers WWl medals. When he died and my grandmother remarried, her new husband sold them for money to buy drink. There is a website called www.medalsgonemissing.com You can advertise on here for missing medals and it would appear that they have reunited quite a few people with missing family medals. I think it was about 3.00 per year to post the advert (sorry no pound sign on my usa computer).

Hope this helps.
    Mirry

Genealogy……. It’s not the size of the tree that matters, It’s the quality of the nuts you find on there

Update I have just had confirmation today that my advert for my Uncle's medals has been listed on the website.

The site owner suggests that they are listed as lost in case nervous collectors panic at the use of the word stolen if the medals are now in the hands of a “nervous” collector, then they may become too paranoid to contact us and the medals may go “underground”.

Cheers
    Guy
    A forum is a place where ideas & views can be exchanged
    I read what others write & add my view or idea based on a lifetime of research
    Some people agree with me some disagree that is their prerogative & valued
    If I add a previous posting it is to remind forum users of the post I am replying to
    If I am addressing a particular person I will address them by name
    If not I am making a general comment to no one in particular.

Avatar - Frank sadly no longer with us 21/9/2013
    Hoping you get a result Guy.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,