ancestors from Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestors from Italy

Please can anyone help me trace the names of the Parents of Francesco Britti born on 23rd February 1915 from the city of Pescara in the Abruzzu regions in Italy. He married Vera Bianchi (Bianco) and he died on 18th November 1981 in Italy. He had a Sister called Gelsomina. Francesco and Vera had 3 Sons Two are still alive, but the deceased one is called Armando Britti. Francesco was in the Military and was a Prisoner of War in Russia in WW2. Thank you Kind Regards Pam

Half-remembering some Who Do You Think You Are? episodes, I think you would have to go to the actual town/village to find church and civil records. As far as I know there are no central records. It's probably much too recent for familysearch (Latter Day Saints) to have transcribed or microfilmed any records.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thank you for the info.. Someone has also said that only records before 1903 are on line so really need to try and find out names of Parenrts. There are lots of Britti on line before that especially travelling to USA etc and other border crossings Will keep looking Thanks again Pam

Comment

Having trouble copying a link, here's what I was able to copy:

The fs catalog entry indicates their CivReg record only goes to 1910. You could request the film (how's your Italian?).
        ** I didn't try the link, but that page indicates that the records are online!

Have you tried bulletin boards - ancestry's for instance? Maybe someone would do a RAOK? If FS filmed up to 1910, maybe the other records also survived the wars.
        Last edited by PhotoFamily; 30-03-15, 04:12.

Comment

Hi Thanks for your suggestions Have tried them but no luck yet. I don't speak Italian so hope can find some help with translations if I find anything Kind Regards Pam

Comment

Are you sure he was born in the city of Pescara? Pescara is also the name of the province, which contains numerous villages. Each Comune (municipal council) keeps its own records, so if he was born in one of the villages, Pescara city council won't have the records.

Family Search is currently indexing Pescara records (I know because I've been working on them), but I'm not sure whether they cover the whole province. The indexes don't seem to be online yet, but I shouldn't think it'll take too long. Last I saw they were doing births up to 1902 and deaths up to 1928; no idea if they'll be going further than that.

I can try e-mailing the Pescara city council if you like. However, Italian councils are not very geared up to genealogy, so they tend to reply slowly, if at all :(

Send me a PM if you'd like me to do that.

Comment

Working...
            X