Ernest Johnson- worked on trawlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest Johnson- worked on trawlers

I am trying to find anything about Ernest Johnson and his siblings but am stuck. Can anyone out there help?

Here is what I know Ernest Johnson b 1912 Oct Sculcoates, Yorkshire. Worked on trawlers in 1940's and 50's.Parents Lucy Ann Beales and William Johnson who lived in Hessle , Yorkshire.
    Lucy was married before to Walter Charles Jibson but her husband died. They Had 3 children Harold 1889-1931, Louisa 1890, Lily Rose 1893.
    Lucy then married William Johnson in 1895 Beverley. On 1901 census along with
    Louisa 1890, Lily Rose 1893
    were Frederick William 1897
    Doris 1900.

On the 1911 census it says that 9 children were born but 2 died. On that census were:
    Frederick William 1897
    Mable 1903
    Olive 1904
    Elsie 1906
    Alice 1907
    Gladys 1910
    Edith 14/10/1910 (5mths)
    ( Doris must have died and also another child-who?)

They then went on to have at least one more child: Ernest b 1912 I don't know any more about him apart from him working on trawlers.

Edith Johnson( 30 St Georges Road, Hull) married Wilfred Douglas Wright in 1945 Hull. They had Antony J 1947 Holderness and Kenneth L 1948 Holderness(now deceased.) They moved to Australia in 1962. Stephen David was born in Adelaide.

What happened to the rest of the family????

This website might be worth having a look at; http://www.hullhistorycentre.org.uk/...links/bmd.aspx
    Vonny

Comment

Do you have access to online newspaper articles at all? I believe the "Hull Daily Mail" - the local rag - is viewable (up to c1950) through a sub to The British Newspaper Archive, or FMP.
      Are you in the right part of Yorkshire to visit the Hull History centre? They could well have general material about trawlermen and their community. Hessle Road was the focus for the fishing fraternity.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Having a great time looking at the link you sent. Found lots on other names at other side of family but nothing to the right Johnsons yet.

Comment

Have a look on http://yorkshirebmd.org.uk If you look for the marriages for the girls you no doubt will find who they married. I must admit to having a quick look for Mabel. b 1903, made a calculated guess and started looking from 1920 for a marriage for her in the area you quoted - Sculcoates and found a marriage. Must say that the Johnson name is very common in the area so you do need a bit of background to who you are looking for. Good luck with the searching!
          Vonny

Comment

Working...
          X