Missing in 1871 census Thomas Crosdill Le Neve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing in 1871 census Thomas Crosdill Le Neve

Still tying up loose ends... there are a lot.

Please can anyone find Thomas Crosdill Le Neve in the 1871 census

Born France c1818 occupation Law Stationer

married to Matilda Beatrice nee Randolph.

Born Westminster 1834

This is them in 1861 Class: RG 9; Piece: 180; Folio: 11; Page: 15; GSU roll: 542587

and in 1881 Class: RG11; Piece: 625; Folio: 11; Page: 16; GSU roll: 1341144

I have his other 2 marriages and all other census and death details. It is just 1871 missing. Online trees appear to be the same.

Many thanks
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

it has him born Westminster 1820 - but this looks like him ??
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thank you both. They are both the man I am looking for. Many thanks as I don't think I'd have found it ... ever.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I just searched for Martha, no surname, b. 1834 in Westminster with a spouse called Thomas and this was the first hit.

STG
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Sorry I'm back does anyone have any idea what Matilda's occupation was? I cannot make out what it is.

Thanks again STG. I suppose Matilda and Martha are close.
          Bubblebelle x

Comment

Sorry, I meant Matilda.

Think it might say Dress Maker. P'raps?

STG

Comment

Sorry I wasn't being pedantic, I saw what you meant when I went to correct the mistranscription.

It would make more sense than my idea. I thought first word was Harp. Checked 1881 a dressmaker on that one. Thank you again
              Last edited by bubblebelle; 21-03-15, 14:41.
              Bubblebelle x

Comment

The first word ends with fs , which we now read as ss (not p), and the second letter looks like an r. So, _r_ss led me to Dress.

STG

Comment

Hi There
                  I am very interested in the Randolph, Le Neve and Phillips families. I have alot of information on the Phillips families and many associated links. Are you still researching??
                  Robin
                  Kenilworth, Warwickshire

Comment

Hi Robin

Yes always trying to research the lives of my ancestors. Although Thomas Crosdill Le Neve only links into my ancestry via marriage.

His 3rd wife Matilda being the sister of my 2x Great Grandmother, Margery who were both daughters of John Randolph surgeon of Westminster. Whilst I often get side tracked with interesting lives and stories I have been a little negligent on Matilda.
                    So my direct link is with the Randolph side of the family where the main focus and content of my research lies. If I can help in any way please let me know.
                    Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
                    X