Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ausatralia WW1 Service records 1914 to 1920 on Ancestry

Found 30 plus pages about my GGGUncle

Amazing detail. Report of a 'delicate' medical problem he contacted in Tahiti with a very detailed explanation of the examination by the Doctor (Yuck)

Hand written letters from him to the Australian Government regarding the loss of his War Medals in the 40's and asking for replacements. They wrote back asking him where he thought he lost them and he replied 'I was going to the Anzac Day March and was riding my Norton Motorbike and they must have slipped from my pocket.'

When he had confirmation that he would get replacements he wrote that his Mother would be picking them up for him as he was out of the country.

Such amazing detail. I am going to go through it all again in a minute

Linda

What an amazing find Linda. I suppose the 'delicate medical problem' was nothing new and would have happened to many soldiers the world over, but I'd also hate to read the gory details of it though.
    All those pages are priceless history, enjoy your read.
    Twiglet

Comment

These are free on our national archives

Comment

Could you please post the link for that...useful for people not on Ancestry

Linda

Comment

As Kyle hasn't been back, I will do it for him. Link to Australian National Archives. Probably easier if you have Ancestry as you don't have to go through the archive web site, but the same

info is all there and is free.

Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

We had the link to the NAA home page on our Australia page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte.../434-Australia but I have added the direct link to the Discovering Anzacs pages to our World War One Centenary page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...-One-Centenary
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
            X