No announcement yet.

1901 look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 1901 census Elaine gave must be the same one as in 1911 Thomas is a House Painter and born in Scotland?
    That daughter Isabella is too old to be Lily's daughter so maybe Thomas was already married ?
    Or am I missing something here ? when you say she turns up in 1900 how do you know its her ?

Comment

That daughter Isabella is too old to be Lily's daughter so maybe Thomas was already married ?

Thomas was widowed in 1895 and again in 1900.

when you say she turns up in 1900 how do you know its her ?

I don't That's what I'm finding impossible to prove.
      Cath.

Comment

if thats her with Thomas Graham in 1901 and 1911 in Bury Lancashire wonder if this is her death or do you have that?

Lilian A Graham born 1876 age 58 Jun Quarter 1934 Bury Lancashire 8C 480

Comment

trouble is there are too many Lily Augusta's aren't there

Comment

I'm confused too.

You have someone b. 1900 in Bury who's mother was Lily Augusta Harris. Right?
            And you think that Lily might be the one b. 1874 in Oxford Workhouse, d/o Emily, because ............

STG
            Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 26-02-15, 15:10.
            Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Yes that's her. She definitely existed - I've got her photo.
              Cath.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTownGirl View Post
                I'm confused too.

You have someone b. 1900 in Bury who's mother was Lily Augusta Harris. Right?
                And you think that Lily might be the one b. 1874 in Oxford Workhouse, d/o Emily, because ............

STG
                ...We can find no other Lily/Lilian Augusta born Oxford, d/o Emily Jane of the right age in 1881/or91 but this one appears in 1901 (sorry for earlier typo for birth of son early 1901). We can find no marriage to Thos. Graham even though she called herself wife and took his name for the next 30 years.
                Cath.

Comment

not finding a marriage means nothing so many of mine lived together without marrying. good luck

Comment

Vallee, I think it needs more than luck after having none for at least the last 10 years. A miracle might be more appropriate.
                    Thanks for trying.
                    Cath.

Comment

can you list exactly what you do know? might make it easier to look as I keep going backwards and forwards reading bits

Comment

1) Problem is I don't know much for certain except that Thomas Graham and Lilian/Lily Augusta Harris had children born in Bury, Lancs from Feb(?) 1901 to 1915.

2 )On the 1901 census Lilian (known as "Gussie for short" because she was tiny) claims to be 25 and born in Oxfordshire.

3 )Looking at freebmd only 2 Lily Augusta Harrises were born 1870/80 , 1 in Brighton and 1 in Oxford. I have the latter's birth cert. and she was born in the Oxford workhouse in the St. Clements area of Headington. Her given name was Lily Augusta Wall Harris. Mother was Emily Jane Harris and no father is named.

4) There was no marraige between Thomas and Lillian/Lily. (His 2nd wife was barely cold when L. was expecting their 1st child.)

I know almost all there is to know about the Graham family but need to know for certain, if the b.c I have, is for the same person who was with Thomas. If she wasn't, it would be good to know where she was in 1881/91.
                        Cath.

Comment

love a mystery will have another look

Comment

Working...
                          X