Antonio Citrini 1795

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your input.

The Antonio/Anthony I am looking for was born in 1795. I am also from Liverpool and I am in contact with all my family from the Speak and surrounding Liverpool area and am completely happy with everyone from Francis Thomas down my bloodline.

Yes Francis was married twice, Selina Silbourne and Mary Cope and this is were the confusion comes from. On Francis Thomas first marriage certificate his fathers name is spelt Antonio and later it is spelt Anthony.

As I have said I have been researching my bloodline for over 15 years and I really do not want to get side tracked with looking at anyone else, only Francis Thomas Citrini's father, Antonio/Anthony, I except that they may have been anglicised, hence the surname change and you could also argue that he spelt his Christian name different because he wanted to lose his Italian roots for whatever reason? hopefully this may come out in the research.

Agreed, I cannot lose sight of what may be Antonio's family that you have suggested that were around in Italy a 100 or so years later as this may give clues to who Antonio's parents are etc.

The search goes on and I thank you all for you time and effort in replying to this thread.

Comment

Apologies, Francis Thomas married 3 times! first wife Elizabeth Hopkins died in 1844, his second wife Selina died in 1846 and his third wife died in 1903. He fathered a total of six children, two to his first marriage and four to his third.

Comment

Hi all,

There is a suggestion that Antonio may have died in Liverpool in 1855, however, i cannot find any evidence to back up this claim or indeed any evidence that he was ever in Liverpool. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comment

Just a bit of info I found and the different spelling of the surname, thought I would post, might come in handy......

Citrine
          Value: This unusual and interesting name is of Italian-French origins. It derives from Citron or Citrini, and is job descriptive or locational for one who lived or worked at a lemon grove. It is also possible that originally the name was a nickname for a person with a 'sharp tongue', many continental names having similar backgrounds. The name is also found in the Dutch-Flemish 'citroen' whilst in England the recordings include the following examples of the name development - Moses Citron, a witness at St. Anne's Soho, on March 7th 1726. The name development from the Italian appears to be wholly Merseyside, John Francis Citrine, christened at St. Peter's, Liverpool on June 16th 1874 is the son of John Citrini, also christened at St. Peter's on April 7th 1850. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Henry Cyterne, which was dated July 9th 1599, a witness at St. Helen's Church, Bishopgate, London, during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, 'Good Queen Bess', 1558 - 1603. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to 'develop' often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.
          Jacky

Comment

Found this too.....

Genealogy Royal Noble Peer Duke Count Lord Baron Baronet Sir Peer Database Family Tree Europe Nobility Knight Peerage Marquess Earl
            Jacky

Comment

Thanks

Found this also http://www.anglo-italianfhs.org.uk/a...igration.shtml

Mark

Comment

Antonio Citrini

Originally posted by myjosef View Post
                Hi all,

I am looking for information on my 4th Great Grandfather who was born in 1795in Schignano, Como, Lombardia, Italy, I know about his three children, Ann, William and Francis who is my 3rd Great Grand father.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mar
                He is my partner Phill Citrine’s x great grandfather , we would love to hear more

Comment

He is my partners 4 great grandfather and would love to hear more

Comment

Working...
                  X