Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MedwayCityArk (partial) database - (Kent, England, UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: MedwayCityArk (partial) database - (Kent, England, UK)

I'm not offering to actually visit a Kent Record Office but, as a result of trying to be systematic about searching the images on MedwayCityArk, I have quite a lot of data about the different parish register images on that site. This is NOT a transcription of the entries, but my info might help to spare you hunting fruitlessly in the wrong sets of images, if you happen to be looking amongst images which I have already searched, myself.

What I have done is to record the date-ranges of each image I have opened. I have permission from MedwayCityArk to share the information here. It would be burdensome to FTF to actually upload the partial database to the FTF site - and might create an unhelpful precedent - but it seems daft for all my work to be exclusively in my own possession when it might help someone else.

Please get in touch if you are thinking for searching the images there, and I can let you know if any of my information might be of use - and post it here, if so.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 17-01-15, 16:55.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

If you have similar information, yourself, perhaps we could pool the data? I have offered to send my Excel spreadsheets to MedwayCityArk, for them to use, if they think it would be practicable. If you're willing for your work to be similarly shared, please make it clear that that is the case.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
    X