Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, can anyone help me find any more info after a 6 year gap in searching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. I just thought I would let you know that I heard back from the Blackwatch museum today. They directed me to their page that says you have to pay £10 before they even start any research and that a lot of their paperwork is not available as it is being digitised...
    :D Charney Jo

Comment

• Originally posted by Charney Jo View Post
      Hi. I just thought I would let you know that I heard back from the Blackwatch museum today. They directed me to their page that says you have to pay £10 before they even start any research and that a lot of their paperwork is not available as it is being digitised...
      fat lot of good that is then, you have to fork out a tenner on the off chance that the records might there and not away for digitising, what a swizz
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Yes. Not as helpful as I'd hoped ... lol!

Comment

Yes. Not as helpful as I'd hoped ... lol!
          nevermind, at least we have kind of sorted some of this muddle out
          Julie

Comment

• Yes, thank you. I am so grateful for everyone's help! I still can't find Fred in the 1881 census (when Alice and baby Charles are with his mum and dad). That is bugging me...

But, I NEVER thought we'd find Alice (except in an asylum somewhere!). I am very happy

Comment

Yes, thank you. I am so grateful for everyone's help! I still can't find Fred in the 1881 census (when Alice and baby Charles are with his mum and dad). That is bugging me...

But, I NEVER thought we'd find Alice (except in an asylum somewhere!). I am very happy
              does seem odd that, I have looked in england in census, but haven't checked scotland, wonder if that is where he met Katherine??

am off to bed now, as I have a poorly little one and hope she doesn't wake me in the night...lol
              Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-01-15, 22:00.
              Julie

Comment

• Thanks Julie. Fingers crossed for a good nights sleep!

Comment

• Hi
                  I have been trying to find a link between Alexander Gordon Jardine & Katherine & I think Alexander's mother may have been her cousin. His mother was Agnes/Addie (Gordon) born c1864 Castle Douglas. She was possibly the grand daughter of John Gordon (1792). http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=3142741

A monument erected to the memory of the Jardine family including Alexander & 2 of his brothers who died in WW1.

Moggie

This Agnes could be Katherine's sister born 1862 according to baptism record on Familysearch.
                  Last edited by maudarby; 20-01-15, 14:34.

Comment

• Wow, Moggie. I love that people are coming up with things from places I would never have thought to look. Thanks so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                      Hi
                      I have been trying to find a link between Alexander Gordon Jardine & Katherine & I think Alexander's mother may have been her cousin. His mother was Agnes/Addie (Gordon) born c1864 Castle Douglas. She was possibly the grand daughter of John Gordon (1792). http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=3142741

A monument erected to the memory of the Jardine family including Alexander & 2 of his brothers who died in WW1.

Moggie

This Agnes could be Katherine's sister born 1862 according to baptism record on Familysearch.
                      Agnes is Katherine's sister. She married Robert Jardine on 2 July 1889 at Laurelbank, Gatehouse of Fleet. Robert was a draper.
                      Very poor image with SP. I will contact them & request an improved image.

Matt
                      My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

• Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                        Hi

Moggie

This is the monumental inscription at Anwoth new cemetery,for the headstone.
                        Matt
                        Erected by Robert Jardine, Riverside, Anwoth, in loving memory of Arthur Thomas, his eldest son, who fell at Arras on 12th April 1917, aged 26 years. And Robert Eustace his second son who fell at Arras on 9th May 1917 aged 22 years. Also Addie Gordon his beloved wife who passed away at Riverside on 22nd June 1930 aged 67 years. And the said Robert Jardine who also passed away at Riverside on 15th June 1937 aged 82 years. Also Alexander Gordon his third son who died at London on 28th May 1960 aged 64 years. Cremated at Golders Green. Also John Fraser Broadfoot, his youngest son, beloved husband of Gracie Fergusson, who died at Dumfries Infirmary on 1st Oct.1968 aged 66 years. Also the above Gracie Fergusson who died on 6th August 1990 aged 86 years.
                        “Until the great reunion.”
                        Last edited by Matt Muir; 20-01-15, 16:27.
                        My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Working...
                        X