upload photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upload photos

hi, i am a new member to the site, though not new to family research and i was looking around here to see if i can upload my photos for all you members to veiw/share... is this possible...if so how !! THANKYOU
    my name is mark and for the last three years i have been doing 4 family tree"s, tree 1 is PAGDEN my mothers line, the pagdens(pagdin) start life in gainsbrough, lincs, tree 2 is SPALDING my fathers line , the spaldings also start life in BURGH LE MARSH, lincs, these two familys , my immediate line i have as you see made into two tree"s for research purposes... tree 3 is my family tree which as normal is PAGDEN(PAGDIN)/SPALDING ,

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.
    You've found the right forum for family tree photos so feel free to share with our members.
    In this section of the site we ask that the images are first uploaded to external sites, such as Photobucket, Flickr etc., and a direct link added to your post - rather than the photos being uploaded to our own server via the "paperclip attachment" option you will find elsewhere in the site.
    There is some information in the pinned thread "Image Information" on this forum - http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...rmation-thread

Hope that helps.
    Elaine

Comment

Just tagging on here.

I know I'm being incredibly thick here, but ...

I've added the photo I want to upload to my Photobucket a/c, but have absolutely no idea what to put in the "URL" box that appears when I click on the Upload an Image icon on the FTF message page.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks
      STG
      Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 25-06-15, 18:43.
      Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Copy the URL from photobucket (right click and select copy) and the just paste it onto the thread on here (right click and select paste). It will appear as code at first but when you click submit it turns into the photo, like magic!
        Anne

Comment

Oh thanks Anne. I did try that, but all I seemed to get was a little back box with a cross in it, even in preview. Is that normal?

Comment

Its a while since I did one. When you hover your mouse arrow over the picture in photobucket you get several options to copy depending what you want to do. Make sure its the right one .... someone else may have better advice. I'll go and check if I can do it on my iPad.
            Anne

Comment

Cor! Its changed from last time I was there!

On Photobucker, on the page where your thumbnail images are > hover over a picture and you get three little lines in the bottom left of the pic. Hover over the three lines and select 'Share links'. A new window comes up and on the right of it are some options. Select the bottom one 'IMG', left click on it and it automatically copies the code for you.
              Now come onto FTF and in the thread box you want to paste your picture RIGHT click and select paste. Post your reply and the picture should appear.
              Anne

Hopefully I've done one of mine here
              Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 25-06-15, 20:08.

Comment

Yay!!! it worked!
                Anne

Comment

Gonna try it here .... [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Yay! It worked.

Thanks soooooooooooooo much Anne.

STG

Comment

Working...
                    X