Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Henry Goldsmith Capp / Clark b:1826/27 Tuddenham Suffolk and parents

  1. #21
    Jay - On the marriage cert. for Henry Goldsmith Clark (Junior Version) in 1852 his Father is listed as Henry Goldsmith - wish these relatives would do things properly! So I presume he can't have been marrried to anyone with the name Clark or Clarke, and maybe it came from his mother his Grandmothers family? Is this getting too silly for words???

    Julie

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    Is William in Durham 1871 and 1861

    RG10; Piece: 4991; Folio: 24; Page: 42 Born Tuddenham

    http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/76...l=ReturnRecord

    RG 9; Piece: 3761; Folio: 17; Page: 30 born Mildenhall

    http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/87...l=ReturnRecord
    Hi Elaine
    You are right this is William in 1861 & 1871. They were living at Pelton, County Durham.
    There are 2 burials for Goldsmith Clark children at Pelton, Holy Trinity. Charles age 9+ in 1868 & Mary Ann age 9mths in 1864. There is also a burial for a Mary Ann Clark on 3rd Apr 1858 age 28. This could be Mary Ann nee Gilman who was born c1829 at Long Melford.

    The Elizabeth Cap Doe who married Thomas Mace is a total mystery. The first 3 children of this couple baptised at Tuddenham give her maiden name as Clarke!

    Moggie
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-11-14 at 12:54.

  3. #23
    Good afternoon Chrissie (loved the cartoon of Donald!)

    Yes he did marry Ann Nunn in 1852. I have managed to get a copy of the certificate but apart from the fact that Ann Nunn was a "Minor" when she married it hasn't got me very far.
    I have traceds the family forward to my late "Clark" Grandfather, but wanted to go urther back if possible.
    Thnks for your help

    Julie

  4. #24
    Hi Kat

    Thanks for the info. It's useful tto know what the facts are from someone who knows!

    Kind regards Julie

  5. #25
    Hello SmallTownGirl

    Good suggestion will put it on my "ever growing list of things to do"

    Creakyknees

  6. #26
    For some reason I can't edit my post #22. It should read Pelton & not Peldon.
    Sorry

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by maudarby View Post
    For some reason I can't edit my post #22. It should read Pelton & not Peldon.
    Sorry
    I have done it for you Moggie That is what you meant isn't it?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

  8. #28
    Thanks Chrissie
    There's one more Peldon that should read Pelton if you could change that as well.
    When I tried to change it yesterday I got an administrator's message saying I could only edit a post within 10 minutes of posting the original message. Is this something new, I've never had it before?
    Moggie

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by maudarby View Post
    Thanks Chrissie
    There's one more Peldon that should read Pelton if you could change that as well.
    When I tried to change it yesterday I got an administrator's message saying I could only edit a post within 10 minutes of posting the original message. Is this something new, I've never had it before?
    Moggie
    Sorry Moggie, I had missed that one - done now
    It's been like that for quite a while now. Perhaps you just haven't tried to edit one since until now.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Jay - On the marriage cert. for Henry Goldsmith Clark (Junior Version) in 1852 his Father is listed as Henry Goldsmith - wish these relatives would do things properly! So I presume he can't have been marrried to anyone with the name Clark or Clarke, and maybe it came from his mother his Grandmothers family? Is this getting too silly for words???

    Julie
    Thanks for posting that. It's confirmation of a definite link between your Henry G C and the Henry Goldsmith of Tuddenham census 1841 & 1851. We now have evidence that we ARE following up the right family.

    I don't know what part of the country you live in (or even if you're in the UK) but the parish registers themselves (in the Suffolk Record Office)may contain some additional clues.
    Familysearch is a super resource, but we are unable to view images of these particular original records and have to rely on a basic pro forma transcription; Freereg is a brilliant transcription site, but doesn't seem to cover your events. Sometimes the vicar added "useful" comments - one of my ancestresses had an illegitimate child and the vicar helpfully added the names and abode of the putative father.

    As the boys seem to have been with their father in 1841, I would think it a good bet that the mother had died. Perhaps the couple lived together for some time, without marrying, a scenario that many of us have come across in our trees.
    As most of the events were pre civil registration, you need parish records, wills, perhaps military records to help you tease out the various threads for all the different surnames. Not everything is on line though.

    Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire



    Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •