Unidentified photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified photos

I rescued these photos from a 'junk' shop because it would've been a shame to see them destroyed. I don't know who they are, and there is nothing written on the backs. What you see is all there is. If anyone can positively lay claim to them, please let me know. I have some other photos somewhere, and will post them as soon as I can find them!

there are quite a few Newsome names in Dewsbury ,seems a shame not to reunite the photos with the family, did find a L Newsome in the phone book for 1956 in 68 Wakefield Road Dewsbury wonder if that was him? I'll see what I can find

Comment

I find it heartbreaking to see old photos like this just sat in junk shops or the like. There will be family somewhere who'd love to have them, but don't know they exist.

Apparently when one of my great aunts died in a care home and her daughter went to collect her belongings, the suitcase of family photos she'd insisted on taking with her when she originally moved there had been 'lost' in the cellar somewhere, and her daughter wasn't allowed to go down and search for it. :(
      Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
      Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
      Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

apparently there was an old family chest with some photos in with my mum when she was in new zealand, on my recent visit I was told it had ben lost during a house move. not sure if it was left behind but you would think if somebody came across it they would return it..(wishful thinking) would have been way before the internet so not a easy to trace the owners

Comment

Working...
        X