Offering free assistance on French Genealogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
    Thank you so much Pascal for all the information you have sent me, I shall spend the weekend going over it all. The name Fournier is interesting as I have a Gaston Felix Fournier in my tree.

Thank you again for your time.
    You probably know that FOURNIER is a quite common name in France. "Four" means "oven", so a "fournier" was a backer (no more in use and we say "boulanger").

As I remember that last I went on Ariège archives website, they didn't show any censuses. It would be interesting to see Gratien at Mrs. FOURNIER's. Though they show much more now, censuses only begin in 1906. French censuses usually begin in 1831, then were done every 5 years, except 1871 which has been postponed to 1872, and 1916 which doesn't exist.

Being on their website, I found passports register since 1864. Maybe of some interest for you if Gratien left France. Here is the link: http://mdr-archives.ariege.fr/mdr/in...cnum/1/N/image

Pascal

Comment

• Thank you Pascal for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot get the link you gave me to work. My French is not wonderful but I will try another route for the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
        Thank you Pascal for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot get the link you gave me to work. My French is not wonderful but I will try another route for the information.
        Hello Frazzled,

I don't know why that link has been cut with "..." in my previous message. Here it is again : http://mdr-archives.ariege.fr/mdr/in...cnum/2/N/image

It works when I copy it to my browser.

Pascal

Comment

• If it doesn't work, change "..." with "dex.php/do".

Comment

• Thank you Pascal tried a different browser and it works. Will have a proper look at the weekend. Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by PascalMallet View Post
              Hi Rick,

As I told in a previous post, I got no news from Romain, though I sent him a mail to his private address. I hope everything is OK for him.

Of course, I can help you as well. Here is the link to Caudan 1687-1718 records: https://recherche.archives.morbihan....41154834361556

You can see by yourself that ink is very pale and difficult ro read. So to help you more, it would be great I got the exact date of wedding, and also copy of documents you got.

I am not very aware about justice in "Ancien Régime" (time before 1792), but I can dig on that matter and see how to find such a judgement. Anyway, it won't be online, but I will go in Morbihan in April... (don't tell my wife we could make a detour to archives if needed...)

Pascal
              Hi Rick,

As I told you, I will be in Morbihan in April, and I know I will pass only 10 km from Vannes where are archives. If you want I go there for you, please tell me information you got.

Pascal

Comment

Working...
              X