Hitting brick wall(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve

Forgive me, but I don't see how you can continue your research or verify anything until you have got Harry's birth cert. Until you get that, it is all guesswork.

I do understand that cost is a consideration but actually £9.25 isn't very much really in the great scheme of things. It's about the same cost as three pints of beer! Family history is an expensive hobby unfortunately.

Comment

• I can continue with Harry's Mom and his other siblings and see if any have children that could be alive or have other children. No need to stop searching at all......... simple.... I want to know my family even if they are my 6th or 7th cousin. Never going to stop..... too much to find out even with Hannah Parents and their parents ect ect. it is confirmed by the family tree.... going to contimue on Harry's mom side.

Comment

• My Daughter is married to a Ryder Surrey/Sussex

Comment

• Steve

Of course, it's your tree and you can do it how you like but if it were my tree it would drive me mad not to have that birth cert because until you do, you don't actually have any proof that Hannah was his mother, let alone who his father was. Yes, it's pretty likely Hannah WAS his mother but there is, as yet, no official proof of that.

The reason I'm labouring the point is because in my own tree I ASSUMED that someone was a child of the family because I was told he was. I didn't bother with the birth cert but I did research back many generations (which cost me money). When I eventually got around to getting the birth cert I was devastated to find that his parents were not who they appeared to be, he had been taken in because he was a child of a family member. Two hundred years of tree thrown away!

OC

Comment

• My Daughter is married to a Ryder (Surrey/Sussex)

Comment

• Originally posted by tsr2007 View Post
              I can continue with Harry's Mom and his other siblings and see if any have children that could be alive or have other children. No need to stop searching at all......... simple.... I want to know my family even if they are my 6th or 7th cousin. Never going to stop..... too much to find out even with Hannah Parents and their parents ect ect. it is confirmed by the family tree.... going to contimue on Harry's mom side.
              I don't think you can continue with any certainty until you have seen that birth certificate of course it might not be him but if it is and I think if the mother is named as Hannah Hunt then you know his mother's name because from all the other documented evidence it seems that Gertrude and Elizabeth's mother is Hannah but more importantly his surname appears to be Davies therefore his father is most likely named which isn't the same father as Gertrude and Elizabeth has. Therefore you would have his father's name.

Comment

• Harry is recorded as an illigitiment child on a document along with Tom Mills. There is too much documents to show Harry was NOT William Ryder's son. Pamgreen do you think she is married to a Ryder from the Tree?

Comment

• Originally posted by tsr2007 View Post
                  Harry is recorded as an illigitiment child on a document along with Tom Mills. There is too much documents to show Harry was NOT William Ryder's son. Pamgreen do you think she is married to a Ryder from the Tree?
                  No he isn't William's or Tom's child, that's what we do know but you might have a chance to find out his real father's name and confirm that it is the right Harry with Hannah Hunt as mother.

I think it is a chance not to be missed.

I won't respond any more on this thread.

Comment

• Guess you have to look at Toms military record as it says Harry is a stepson. it is a fact that Harry is NOT Williams or Toms Child as was said before. Hannah was recorded as being and having Harry with her. it is also recorded he is an illigitame child. Look at the paper work. This is why I said this it is not just something that was thought of. Yes the birth record might show who harry's dad might be then again it might not. I am going by the records saved and recorded by census and military records. Facts are facts. I can't dispute this. People have to really read and understand what facts are and then comment once they have searched themselves. As for what Katarzyna and OC said the birth record will be purchased. until then the search continues.

Comment

• Steve

No, the military record states that Tom Mills junior is illegitimate. I don't think it says Harry is illegitimate, does it?

Harry's father's name will be on his birth cert because, if it wasn't, then his birth would be indexed as Ryder, or Rydas, not as Davies.

I must have missed a bit...which document states that Hannah has Harry with her?

OC

Comment

• I have received Harry Rydas Davis birth record and the mother is different than Hannah. I have tried to copy it to a post but this forum will not let me.
                        Last edited by tsr2007; 03-11-14, 19:12.

Comment

• I do not believe this is the right document. I will keep searching for the right info.

Comment

• Steve

Who arre the parents named on the certificate for Harry Rydas Davis please?

OC

Comment

• I received your pm, thanks Steve.

The mother is Annie Davis formerly Rydas and the father is Harry Davis.

Steve - what is the date of birth please?

I don't have access to the 1911, please can someone have a look for these people in 1911 so that we can rule them out?

I am not yet convinced that this certificate is WRONG - Annie is a perfectly usual diminutive for Hannah. But let's see if we can rule "Annie RYdas" out.

OC

Comment

• Birth is Feb 13th 1906 in Yardley

Comment

• There is no Rydas in the 1911 census

Comment

• Steve

there is no Rydas anywhere! The name only appears three times in Freebmd in 133 years. However, I wouldn't expect Annie to be called Rydas in 1911, she'd be called Davis, with a son Harry.

There is no Annie/Hannah Rydas/Rider/Ryder marrying any Harry Davis. I still think this certificate is correct and this is your Harry. You said somewhere on this thread that the name RYDAS had been mentioned in your family. This is such a rare name that it HAS to be yours.

What does anyone else think?

EDIT TO SAY - Steve, on post #4 of this thread you say that your Harry's date of birth is 13th Feb 1906...and this certificate is also 13th Feb 1906!!!!!! Do you really and honestly think it is not the correct certificate?

OC
                                    Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 03-11-14, 21:30. Reason: Extra info

Comment

• If that is her then why would she be Married to William as Hannah and then get together with Harry Davis as Annie and then go get married to Tom Mills as Hannah? Doesn't make sense. Because this document was written out for Annie I am thinking the name Rydas was mispronounced or miss written and was actually Ryder or Ryders. This certificate was not written by Annie or Hannah. her signature was an X.

Comment

• Are you saying you think that there are TWO Harry Rydas/Ryders, both born on the same day?

My mum's name was Mary. Everyone called her Mary except my dad, who called her Polly. Who knows why people call themselves what they call themselves? Annie/Hannah are interchangeable as far as my tree goes.

OC

Comment

• Oh, and I meant to say, for what it's worth:

In 1891 there is a family called Davis at 63 Bertha Rd. They have a son called Albert HENRY Davis, aged 11. He might just possibly be "Harry Davis" in 1906.

OC

Comment

Working...
                                          X