Add biological father not living with mother in FTM 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add biological father not living with mother in FTM 2014

Childs father is known but mother never had a relationship with him. Need to add him to tree but cannot find any way of doing this in FTM 2014. Any suggestions please?
    Jennie
    Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

Others might have a better idea, I just add him as a spouse with a note that they never married.

Tora

Comment

You can define the relationship between the mother and father of the child by going to the PERSON tab, then click on the RELATIONSHIPS TAB (top right of facts box), select the name of the "spouse" and then on the right hand side in the drop down listing for Relationship you have various options you can choose from.
      Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, I shall have to go and amend the ones I have.

Tora

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          You can define the relationship between the mother and father of the child by going to the PERSON tab, then click on the RELATIONSHIPS TAB (top right of facts box), select the name of the "spouse" and then on the right hand side in the drop down listing for Relationship you have various options you can choose from.
          Sadly have tried all different relationships and he still comes up as spouse to the mother. Have tried making him unknown etc. Still comes up as my son in law.
          Jennie

Comment

Go to the family view where you can see the father and mother of the children.
            Click on the "husband"
            Go to the PERSON tab - click on attach/detach
            Select "detach selected person"
            You should then get an option of whom you want to detach him from - in this case the mother of the children. Tick the box against the mother's name - but not against the chldren's name.

This will detach him from the relationship but will still show him on your tree as father of the two children.
            When you have done this the relationship calculator should show him as the father of your grandchildren (rather than as son in law)

By the way, before doing any attaching or detaching, it's always a good idea to back up your tree first ... just in case!
            Elaine

Comment

Thank you. That worked beautifully! He is very nice but not my son in law. I can now enjoy filling in the ancestors...
              Jennie

Comment

Elaine

Comment

Working...
                X