No announcement yet.

someone must know something about the GEORGE family from holloway please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone must know something about the GEORGE family from holloway please help

so we have kate flanagan (george) father robert flanagan (1885-1936)
    and sidney george (1876-1949) father sidney george

i have added the 1911 census so people can get a rough idea or area we are looking at http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...dpidz0q257caid

children

sarah s george (hoy) born 1907 i have found a little info for this sibling (possible marriage albert hoy)
    sydney lyne george born 1907? i have found a birth and possible marriage
    anne sophia george born 1909 i have found a birth and census
    emma maria george born 1911 i have found a birth and census
    catherine george born 1912 i have found a birth
    robert a george born 1913 i have found a birth and possible marriage (renee o jones)
    frederick george born 1914 i have found a birth
    kate s george born 1915 i have found a birth
    phyllis f george (middleton) born 1920 i have found birth possible marriage (albert middleton) and possible death
    dorothy m george born 1922 i have found a birth and it is possible she could of died at birth
    william george born 1924 i have birth marriage and death for him also pictures hes was my grandad he married( ivy m endersby)
    alice george born 1926 i have found birth and possibly she could of died at birth

i would love if anyone could tell me about any of these people i need to move forward but with noone researching these families and no family to get info from im crying out for help here. thanks in advance any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Hi Jammin

It isn't clear which way you want to go with this family - forwards or backwards? Either way you will need to buy some certificates, which will tell you whether you have identified the correct marriages (for instance). Then you can look for children and so on till you hopefully find living descendants.

OC

Comment

i am wanting to go forward hoping there might be someone out there who recognised one of the names who could help.
      i have bought lots of certs but only do so when im pretty certain so far every certificate has been correct trying to go forward hopefully to identify some family out there.thanks.x

Comment

Hi Jammin
        Are you wanting to trace forwards, or backwards, or both?

I think this could be Sidney in 1901, visiting with the Stuckey family

I note Mrs Stuckey is called Selina - I think she may have been Sidney's sister and married George James Stuckey in 1895.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

yes janet thankyou and that is correct :-) i have had no problem going back that was easier than i thought but going forward is much harder. the only child who i think ive traced is phyllis lots of electrol rolls for her but cant seem to trace the others.x

Comment

There's a tree on ancestry that has Sidney Lyne George marrying Evelyn E Ward in 1930
            Sydney L George
            Spouse Surname: Ward
            Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1930
            Registration district: Nottingham
            Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
            Volume Number: 7b
            Page Number: 1193

Annie Sophia marrying ?? McMillan in 1949
            Annie S George
            Spouse Surname: Ncmillan
            Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1949
            Registration district: Islington
            Inferred County: London
            Volume Number: 5c
            Page Number: 2077

A death for Sidney George b1876
            Sidney George
            Birth Date: abt 1876
            Date of Registration: Jun 1949
            Age at Death: 73
            Registration district: Islington
            Inferred County: Greater London
            Volume: 5c
            Page: 846

Have you got an ancestry sub to make contact? if so the user name is littlemiss_firefox

The homeperson on the tree seems to be descended from

William George
            Birth 14/8/1924 in lower holloway
            Death 1958 in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England

Son of Sidney George and Kate Sophia (George) whose father is noted as Robert Flanagan.

Margaret

Comment

Looking more closely at what you have said I think the tree must be yours!!??
              Margaret

Comment

Jammin

As I said upthread, if you want to progress your tree you will have to buy some of those "possible" marriage certs, which will lead you to births and so on.

It is quite possible that no one is researching your tree. No one is researching mine, or at least only from such a distance that it is useless! Family history can be a lonely pursuit.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                  Jammin

As I said upthread, if you want to progress your tree you will have to buy some of those "possible" marriage certs, which will lead you to births and so on.

It is quite possible that no one is researching your tree. No one is researching mine, or at least only from such a distance that it is useless! Family history can be a lonely pursuit.

OC
                  Same for me OC - I have yet to find anyone with any new information - everyone else who has my ancestors in their tree have copied from mine!
                  Margaret

Comment

well i should think myself lucky i suppose as i made a great connection through ancestry. my grandma had two sisters she hadnt had contact with since the 1950s. one of them had a son and we connected via his wife on ancestry. i learnt a few things from them and have stayed in touch and sent photos thru etc. sad we couldnt get all the sisters back together but my grandma has dementia :-(... i just wish my grandads side was as easy hardly any info at all n noone researching them. but i am determined and i will stick at it for years and years until i figure it all out or some new members join ancestry and connect :-) light at the end of the tunnel.x

Comment

Working...
                    X