Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else researching the Pique Family Tree in particular Louis Pique b. 1786

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else researching the Pique Family Tree in particular Louis Pique b. 1786

Hi everyone,

I am new here and have met my 'brick wall'. I have a French relative Louis Pique b.1786 according to the Dover Census. His place of birth is not on any certificates, but his obituary calls him a 'Veteran of the Empire' on Napolean's side, so military links might prove helpful.

this is most of the information I have about him, which is quite a lot considering the time he lived. However this has made me wonder what he did Pre-Dover and was he being such a colourful character somewhere else - probably!

Any help would be magnificent,

Many thanks for reading this,

Lisa Carter

This may help but you may already have it all, there are French records on Familysearch some browsable on line https://familysearch.org/search/coll...&region=EUROPE

Edna

Comment

Thank you Clematised.

I had a quick look through but couldn't find him. Good to know these records exist incase I find he is using a slightly different combination of his three first names!

Lisa

Comment

have you been in contact with the society, to see if they have anything else on him?

Comment

Hi, this seems to be all there is. I just need one document that says more than France!

Still searching,

Lisa Carter

Comment

Perhaps Pascal can offer some help if you ask on this thread for France

Edna

Comment

you need more than just 'france' to get anywhere edna. there are no national databases like census or civil registration. she needs to know which department in france he was from, and hopefully his town too.

he was a character it seems, was there an obituary? or is that what the dover society has already?

Comment

OK you know best to advise her Kylejustin so perhaps its not the best idea.

Edna

Comment

re reading what i said, it sounded snarky, and that's not how i meant it, so i'm sorry. i just meant, pascal is going to say the same thing. 'france' is rather unhelpful, like 'ireland' is. there has to be something that says where he came from though.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by clematised View Post
                    OK you know best to advise her Kylejustin so perhaps its not the best idea.

Edna
                    Hi again, thank you. I did find pascal on here, so I have already written to him, so hopefully he will get back to me. I think this is going to be a tough one. So I'll let you know if I get anywhere!

Comment

Hi,

I did come across Pascal so I have written to him and waiting to see if he can get back to me with anything extra. His obituary was where it stated he was a 'Veteran of the Empire'. It is very frustrating as we have searched lots of certificates and his birthplace is never given. I don't think the society have anymore. I think if there is may be a clue I've just got to keep searching. Thank you for your help, I'll let you know if I find out.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                        re reading what i said, it sounded snarky, and that's not how i meant it, so i'm sorry. i just meant, pascal is going to say the same thing. 'france' is rather unhelpful, like 'ireland' is. there has to be something that says where he came from though.
                        kylejustin I did not take your message as "sarky" I know that you and Pascal have been in touch quite a bit as he has helped you with research and as I have never researched France myself have not come across the difficulties with it.

I wish you well with your research Lisa and sorry I can not be of any further help and hope Pascal can advise you how to proceed.

Edna

Comment

Working...
                        X