Munnelly/Manley family line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munnelly/Manley family line

Hi there, I am trying to trace the Manley line back to Ireland. I am stuck on Michael Manley, married to Bridgette Higgins (both born approx 1815 and immigrated to Canada around 1840 then to the US by around 1850/60.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I need to locate their siblings and parents, so any tips would be helpful! Gina
    Thank you, in advance, for helping me in my search!
    Gina Coco

Welcome to The Site Gina.
    There is a marriage dated 15/2/1831 in Kilmoremoy, Mayo, Ireland between a Bridget Higgins and Michael Monnely. Looking at the original entry the 'o' could easily be an 'a'.........................found in Ancestry.

Just seen a birth dated 1/6/1815 in Kildare, Ireland for a Bridget Higgins with James & Sarah as parents.
    It could be ?...........................other than an address of Broguestown, no other detail is entered.
    Last edited by AlanC; 22-04-14, 11:33.

Comment

Manley/Munnely research

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
      Welcome to The Site Gina.
      There is a marriage dated 15/2/1831 in Kilmoremoy, Mayo, Ireland between a Bridget Higgins and Michael Monnely. Looking at the original entry the 'o' could easily be an 'a'.........................found in Ancestry.

Just seen a birth dated 1/6/1815 in Kildare, Ireland for a Bridget Higgins with James & Sarah as parents.
      It could be ?...........................other than an address of Broguestown, no other detail is entered.
      Thank you! Do you know what is available on the marriage certificates in Ireland if we pull them at the SLC library (assuming they are available there)? Or must I get the on the GRO, like English certs?

Do you know how popular Higgins and Manley were there? I know Bridgette was a popular name, as was Michael, so I am hoping the surnames are not so it is easy to figure out who is the right couple.
      Thank you, in advance, for helping me in my search!
      Gina Coco

Comment

There will not be a marriage certificate as such for the dates you are looking at, simply an entry in the parish register but it may give parents names and/or occupations.
        Margaret

Comment

If you have ancestry here's the link to the image http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/90...l=ReturnRecord

all that is shown is the bride and grooms name, her residence and the witnesses, one of whom is Andy Munnely.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X