Ahnenblatt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahnenblatt

Hmm has anyone heard of it? If so what is it like? I know it's free on download.com but I'd rather see what it's like first.

Sarah.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

I've heard of it but never used it. I think it has more support in German than it does in English.
    I doubt it offers more than you would get from a free download such as Legacy, which has user group support and video tutorials.
    Elaine

Comment

I've downloaded Legacy before but I can't remember if I liked it or not. Hmm I'll try both and give the results out for future Ahnenblatt downloaders.

Comment

Downloaded Ahnenblatt and I really do like it, I've created 8 different screenshots for anyone that wishes to see them in a PM.

Comment

I'll take a look please Sarah, just for future reference - although I'm a Family Tree Maker user and doubt I will ever change from that!
          Elaine

Comment

Sent :D

Comment

Thanks Sarah. I'll take a look at them tonight when I've got my feet up and there is nothing on tele!
              Elaine

Comment

So I made a fake tree to show:

The top rectangle in meant to hold all the sources that you have attached to the person.

If you click on tree then you can create small tree's for people, or large ones.

If you click lists you can do the same and save them as Word Docs, PDF's and so forth.

Plausibility will check for any errors within the tree- Adoptions being one.

Search for specific words.

New people.

Below is taken from my 3rd line of Ancestors. The 1st being Parents, 2nd being Grandparents etc.

12. Phillips, George, * Stockton, Durham, England12/1879, + Stockton, Yorkshire, England 01/06/1955
                oo Emily Thomas
                Sources: 1901 England Census
                1881 England Census
                1891 England Census
                England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915
                1911 England Census

Comment

Love the names on the tree - will go well in the FTF panto I think so we all know who is who
                  Angelina

Comment

Thanks. I didn't want to use real names and I couldn't use any names from the board members as a who's at the top of the chain type thing so I made words up, I also used George Phillips as I know he's been dead for a number of years.

Comment

Working...
                    X