No announcement yet.

john and martha dunford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even more,i put the findings of bthe murphy family onto wiki tree,yesturday ,and had a great respnse ,bigger then i thought from historians who gave even more information ,and a lady who wants to start up a murphy clan using my information,which she checked and found to be true,
    more information
    first dunford family and how they connect to the murphy family
    the dunford family came over to britain with william the conquerer ,two brothers who were generals ,named dunford,
    so after they killed harold 1066,william the conquerer as they did in those days ,gave land to the conquers ,the two brother dunford were given lancashire and yorkshire,where today you will still find there names ,river dunford,castle dunford and others,
    now going over to ireland
    the last king of ireland murchadha /sea warrior murrough caohanach,
    two sons owned and lived in blarney castle,(the last bard of blarney castle was john murphy born 1700 died 1780)
    now in 1680 oliver cromwell came to ireland
    he took the lands from the murphys ,in wexford and surrounding areas,but gave them lands in tipperary ,ballymon,,cashel,
    then cromwell came back to britain and told the dunford family in lancashire and yorkshire there are free lands for you in wexford ireland to farm,which they did,
    now here is the funny bit,
    as farmers always have done,farmers sale there horses ,sheep,cows ,poutry,seeds to each other
    so the dunford family and the murphy family got to know each other inso doing they married veach other,
    now as they say ,it should be now easy to find there descendants through the years,
    we vary nearly at 1700,with both familys
    now as the wiki tree lady said there will be a lot more coming through now we have broken this up,
    i keep getting emails,
    now if we can find the names of the dunford familys in lancashire and yorkshire in 1700
    we are one hundred years from john dunford born 1789 in lancashire,
    if we had his parents ,ifi find out any more i shall let you know,

Comment

• now i dont know what i was thinking about put it down to my age,
      now if the very first murphy was the two sons of the last king of leinster,
      now keeping this in mind
      all murphys familys, who have done there family tree,50 000 murphys in ireland .thousands all over the world ,now there must be some who have done there family tree,
      and gone back as far as they can to the last king of leinster,which would be all
      they would have had the two sons of the king in there family tree
      the sons wives in there family tree
      there children in there family tree
      the childrens names and there wives names
      then perhapes we might find them living in different parts of ireland,
      and so on
      but if they done a family tree, the genealogy sites must have them ,
      ancestry .com ireland ,and several others ,
      so it should be easy to find
      when i sat back and thought of this, i thought how slow am i,i cant be the only one in the world doing the murphy tree,that would be rediculas,
      murphy is one of the most popular in ireland,i would have thought there would be dozens of murphy family trees,all with the last king of leinster in them,all being held in a genealogy site somewhere
      Last edited by bobdunford; 09-07-14, 12:17.

Comment

• Bob It is the same with any Family Surname, you start with yourself and work back and go on from their Parents, Grandparents and so on, its the only way to do it, ignore all the Kings and Queens and all the tales of Ireland, work on fact and documented evidence and link all your own research with proof and mark where you found it and put the place down where you got the record as it is too late to go back trying to find things again.

Be aware of people wanting to make money from you by selling you all sorts of information and paperwork to make it all look good, if you are really interested in Irish History then read all about it on line for free but don't go linking up to trees until you have done the real groundwork, never take anything for granted without proof and never link in to other trees unless you are 100% sure they are correct and can prove it.

Edna

Comment

• i am sorry but i thought you would want to know ,about the very start of the murphy name,no murphys in ireland before this date,i have had all the genealogy sites thanking me for passing in on,because no murphy family tree would be right without this knowledge,and this knowledge is now known to all,it is the history of the murphy family,where it started,the genealogy library in kirkdal street dublin as confirmed it,so all those thousands of people who have already done ther search for there murphy family and the genealogy sites hold these records,which if they have the last king of leinster which they should have in there tree,have the same family or part of every murphy family in the world ,which should help every other murphy family searcher,making it easier to trace,
          andknowing about cromwell in1680 ,moving the murphy family around ,and blarney castle were thev first murphys lived is now all history,so every murphy in the worl is part of the royal family of vikings in ireland,i know we should start from your own father and go back but when you have a brick wall,and findyour ancesters a few years away from that brick wall it is best to record it ,dont you think,this way you have a gap in the centre,which you can fill mat a later date,and allthisinformationi never paid for,found it inthe history books of ireland,looking up the kingsof ireland finding out they were all viking ,from sea warrior,
          and thelast kingof leinster how bad he was that none of the other kings wantedto know him ,so his childrenliving in blarney castle changed there names to murphy,then i asked the genealogy sites inireland about whate i found and asked if it was all true they replied yes i have done well,so i have passed it all on,i have emails now from austreailier ,america,asking if there murphy family is viking ,so i have done some good

Comment

• Bob

I know it is pointless to say this because you have already made up your mind BUT - the statement that "all Murphys in the world are descended from two sons of the last king of Leinster" is wildly untrue. And unprovable, of course. Until every Murphy in the world has done their tree PROPERLY you will never know. What about all the Murphys who changed their name from something else to Murphy? Every country in the world which has historic clan systems, such as Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Hebrews etc, took on clan names as a surname, didn't necessarily mean they were of the same blood.

Ask yourself this: if you cannot get backwards to "the kings of Ireland" then how did everyone else? If there are no paper records for YOUR family, where did these other people find their paper records? It is my understanding that Irish research is very difficult, mediavel Irish research extremely difficult and early mediaval research is impossible unless you have a degree in Irish studies.

As Edna said upthread - don't spoil the hard work you have done on your REAL tree by attaching it to this romantic Irish idyll without a shred of proof.

OC

Comment

• just been told this fascinating story which i must tell you.when i was a lot younger my father John Frances Borigia Dunford told me this story which i always remembered ,that when he was growing up his Sister which he never named, Married in 1906 ,And had Written a Book,Which she took to a Publisher,in Lancashire, He said he would read it, if it is good, He will take it to the Main Publishers of Books ,And they will Buy it from you,Well in 1907, She received a Letter, Saying it is a very good Book, And is worth quite a lot to the Publishers, Who will send you a Check,Which she received,Now she changed the Check into Cash,and kept the Money in her Kitchen ,Her Husband came home one day, While she was out Shopping and took the Money ,Left a Note saying he was sorry but he is off to America,with the Money ,Well i got in touch with the Family, Which was still alive, Some in Liverpool,Some in Canada, They all Wrote back and said they remembered the Story ,as i have said but that is all,Then last Year One of the Nephews Emalled me ,And said, When his Aunt Edith Died ,She left a lot of Papers, Which he went through and found this out,
              Edith Dunford, Married, Wilfred Burlinson in 1906 .After he Run away with the Money to America,There was a Detective on the Radio in Liverpool ,Who would tell a True Story, Then say he could find any one in the World, If given the True Facts,And gave his Postal Address,Well as John and Mary Dunford were quite well off ,Owning Two Drapery Shops ,And John Forman on the Liverpool Docks, They got in touch with him,And he found Wilfred Burlinson in Mexico ,Living in a Posh Hotel,He told him he could Report him to the Mexico Police who would give him a bad time,Or he could send a Fax to Liverpool, Saying he is coming home, Then catch the Next Boat out,Which he Did,Back Home in Liverpool, Soon as they got the Fax,They booked a Hall.Well Wilfred came home told everybody he was Sorry ,And carried on with his Normal Life,Then in April. He took the Money Again ,And ran off again ,Died in Toronto Canada in June 1907 ,Then Edith had his Son,Which he never saw, in December.So the Story was True ,But leaving us with more thoughts, What was the Book she Wrote,It must have been a lot of Money,He Travelled to America ,to Mexico,from Mexico to Liverpool,all the time living in the Best Hotels. Then to Canada,Where he Died,The Cost from the Detective was 8.OO Pounds a lot of Money in 1906,

Comment

• Originally posted by bobdunford View Post
                My Grandmother Mary Ann Mcmonagle was born 29 oct 1860 in Liverpool and dies 1939,She married John Dunford 04 may 1878, John Dunford Born 1858 Liverpool.Now Mary Mcmonagle Parents came from Ireland Donegle.Phillip Mcmonagle and his Wife .Need her Name.They both live in 50 Evelyn Street Kirkdale Liverpool.
                Also John Dunford 1858.His Father was John Dunford born 1812.Married Ann hannah born 1819.What was his Father and Mother Name.?
                please can any one find out thank you.thank you for your help.
                found more john dunford born 1778,married marth born 1790 liverpool
                lived at 20 naylor street liverpool
                children of john and martha dunford are
                John Dunford born 21 Oct 1812 baptised 25 Oct 1812 at St Marys church Liverpool,father john Dunford mother Martha Dunford
                Thomas Dunford born 17 Feb 1815,baptised 19 Feb 1815 at St Marys church Liverpool,father john Dunford mother Martha
                Dunford
                William Dunford born 17 Feb 1818,baptised 22 Feb 1818.at St Marys church Liverpool ,Father John Dunford,Mother Martha Dunford
                Catherine Dunford born 12 January 1821,baptised 14 January 1821,at St Marys church Liverpool,Father John Dunford,Mother Martha Dunford
                James Dunford,born 6 Nov 1823,Baptised 23 Nov 1823,at St Marys Church Liverpool,Father John Dunford Mother Martha Dunford
                Helen Dunford,born 30 Dec 1824,baptised 23 January 1825,at St Marys Church Liverpool,Father John Dunford,Mother Martha Dunford

All living at 20 Naylor Street Liverpool,House with Stables and Yard for Carts. St Marys Parish,When bought was named Ryans Place ,20 Naylor Street Liverpool,
                Then in 1827, Moved to 3 Titchfield Street Liverpool St Anthonys Parish,Where in 13 DEC 1837, John Dunford Died ,AGE 59.
                his Burial was Paid for by his Son John Dunford Born 1812,Reading Death of John Dunford Born 1778,Died 1837 of 20 Naylor Street which he still owned,Died at 3 titchfield street liverpool,Source St Anthonys Burial Records

Comment

• i dont no if this is still running but i saw a post on a facebook group bootle past by robert dunford and then about searching i came across this post. edith ann dunford was my great grandmother to which she became burlinson then a dale living in seaforth (which i now live 5 mins away). we dont no about the book that has been mentioned but its very interesting. i have images of her grave stone / the shop/ with her family and various other bits if this would confirm the right family/connection. Alot of the names mentioned are familar to which myself and my mother have heard from my late grandmother.

Comment

• Hi and welcome to the Forum rj3991,

I am also on the Bootle pages of facebook and I have mentioned in the past to Bob to see if he can make contact there.
                    I know Bob will love to hear from you and normally I would say to send Bob a Private Message on this Forum but he never replies until months later.
                    I will see if I can find his e mail address and let him know you have made contact here.

Edna

Comment

• I have just sent Bob an e mail to his e mail address so hope he replies to you.

Edna

Comment

• Originally posted by rj3991 View Post
                        i dont no if this is still running but i saw a post on a facebook group bootle past by robert dunford and then about searching i came across this post. edith ann dunford was my great grandmother to which she became burlinson then a dale living in seaforth (which i now live 5 mins away). we dont no about the book that has been mentioned but its very interesting. i have images of her grave stone / the shop/ with her family and various other bits if this would confirm the right family/connection. Alot of the names mentioned are familar to which myself and my mother have heard from my late grandmother.
                        i wouldloveto see these pictures of the gravestone,the shop was there two shops,and other photos .my father John Frances Borgia Dunford was Edith Ann Brother,I Visited her Several Times, She would Cook me my Breakfast,We would Talk for Hours,a Lovely Women,Gives me good memories,my email is (removed)

Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 24-03-15, 05:29. Reason: email address removed

Comment

• Sorry Bob, have removed your email address from your last post - we don't allow them on the open forum.
                          If members wish to make contact they should use our private messaging system - you will receive an email notification if anyone sends you a message
                          (Admin)
                          Elaine

Comment

• Ok Elaine if the poster rj3991 wants to send me a Personal Message I can give it to them on Bobs behalf

Edna

Comment

• Originally posted by clematised View Post
                              Hi and welcome to the Forum rj3991,

I am also on the Bootle pages of facebook and I have mentioned in the past to Bob to see if he can make contact there.
                              I know Bob will love to hear from you and normally I would say to send Bob a Private Message on this Forum but he never replies until months later.
                              I will see if I can find his e mail address and let him know you have made contact here.

Edna
                              hello this is bob i would love to be in touch with the lady .what memories we can talk over .i wander if she has a family tree and knows who our great grand mother maiden name was i have been told by ancestry .com that john dunford born 1778 married martha at st marys church liverpool when she was 21 years old nothing more cant even see this marraige.now wiki tree has told me john dunford born 1778 in waterford ireland father james dunford .john dunford left ireland to live in liverpool where he met a liverpool girl and married her at st marys church liverpool i dont know if any of this is true or not still searching

Comment

Working...
                              X