Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Moore born around 1880 CoDonegal

I need some help please.
    I can't find out where my great grandfather died.
    Thanks to Elwyn on here I know that in 1901 he was staying with his parents at 8 Corncamble, Castleforward, Donegal
    In 12 May 1908 he got married in Letterkenny, Co Donegal
    In 2 April 1911 he lived in 4 Montgomerie Street, Port-Glasgow
    On my granny Guldberg's birth certificate (his last child) born on 3 September 1917 it says he died the 28th February 1917.
    My problem is i've looked at scottish death certificates and narrowed it down to 3 and I paid to view all of them and none of them were my grandfather.
    So now i'm puzzled.
    Where did he die?
    Please help Mrs Wendy Landale nee Guldberg

Have you tried variations of MOORE = MORE, MOIR etc.
    Also if the date was written long after the event then it could well be wrong. Do you know for a fact that he died the same year as his child was born?
    What was Robert's year of birth?

Edit - ooops just noticed it in the post heading - just ignore me.
    Last edited by herky; 15-10-13, 08:47.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

He was not too old to have been in WWI, was he? Maybe he didn't die in Ireland?

Comment

Wendy

Have looked on SP site but no luck either. I note he was a Railway worker in the 1911 census so I suppose could have died out of County.

I checked the Ancestry Irishmen who died in the WW1 but although many Robert Moore's on there, non born in Co Donegal. There is a Robert Moore on the Port Glasgow memorial site but think he is one of the ones on Ancestry - same regiment.

Please give place of birth for your Grandmother born the same year as your G/grandfather died. Might help.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
          He was not too old to have been in WWI, was he? Maybe he didn't die in Ireland?
          I assumed he died in Glasgow or nearby as he's mentioned on the birth certificateGranny Guldberg Birth.jpg of my Granny Guldberg nee Moore

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
            Wendy

Have looked on SP site but no luck either. I note he was a Railway worker in the 1911 census so I suppose could have died out of County.

I checked the Ancestry Irishmen who died in the WW1 but although many Robert Moore's on there, non born in Co Donegal. There is a Robert Moore on the Port Glasgow memorial site but think he is one of the ones on Ancestry - same regiment.

Please give place of birth for your Grandmother born the same year as your G/grandfather died. Might help.

Vera
            I hope this helps it says she was born in Plantation area of Glasgow

Granny Guldberg Birth.jpg

Comment

Wendy

Nothing coming up for Plantation or Govan districts but then he could have died out of area but have not found anything on wider searches either.

He doesn't appear to have died in the ww1 and not likely to have moved from the shipyards of Govan in wartime to seek work.

Its possible he returned to Ireland but that is not likely as little work there at that time.

I would go for a mistranscribe as has been suggested. If he found himself in hospital and died there, this could be the case.

Sorry I can't be of much help. Very annoying when you have his actual date of death. I wonder if that is something you can follow through with the GRO Scotland as a possible way of searching.

Vera

Comment

Working...
              X