Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Give help for French records

Hi Jeanne,

If you go through St-Omer parish acts, after you choose the parish you want and before to see the pictures, you can read how the register is organized, so you can more faster. Sometimes, BMS (S = sépulture = burial) are together, sometimes they are apart. Sometimes, priest wrote "B" and a family name. Remember that 1679 has been calculated from Jacques's age when he died. His birth can be upto 5 years more or less. Good luck! When you find the act, tell me the parish and page number and I will read it for you.

Paris records has been destroyed by fire in 1870, so acts before 1860 have been "reconstructed" from different sources, but is still far to be complete. famillesparisiennes.org project is to find information in more sources (they list them and you can translate by Google). It is a long-time work. Of course, there are some Poche, but only in Paris. As people didn't move much before the end of 19th century, I guess you have no ancestor there.

Pascal

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by PascalMallet View Post
    Hi Jeanne,

If you go through St-Omer parish acts, after you choose the parish you want and before to see the pictures, you can read how the register is organized, so you can more faster. Sometimes, BMS (S = sépulture = burial) are together, sometimes they are apart. Sometimes, priest wrote "B" and a family name. Remember that 1679 has been calculated from Jacques's age when he died. His birth can be upto 5 years more or less. Good luck! When you find the act, tell me the parish and page number and I will read it for you.

Paris records has been destroyed by fire in 1870, so acts before 1860 have been "reconstructed" from different sources, but is still far to be complete. famillesparisiennes.org project is to find information in more sources (they list them and you can translate by Google). It is a long-time work. Of course, there are some Poche, but only in Paris. As people didn't move much before the end of 19th century, I guess you have no ancestor there.

Pascal

Thank you for all your help. I started to just look for 1679, but then I decided to look at every page as I want to find all information on any of the family members. So far I think I have reviewed over 1,200 pages. I am grateful for the pages which were written with a "lite hand" as they are easier to read and don't show through from the back of the page. I am amazed with every page I see that this information is still available and I am very grateful for you too! Thank you again for all your help!

hi Pascal i'm hoping you can help my mum is trying to find her descendants from Lourches there name are
    Theodore Laude born 17 January 1912 in Lourches if any marriage or children

Edward Gustavaguard or gustavagand

Marchand names
    Edward and marie
    Mari Jeanne.
    josett
    George
    Andre & jeannette
    Andre had daughter Sandrina and georgette can't remember other.

George had 2 sons John Francois and pascal or pascal
    Edward and marie

Quote Originally Posted by jen1302 View Post
    hi Pascal i'm hoping you can help my mum is trying to find her descendants from Lourches there name are
    Theodore Laude born 17 January 1912 in Lourches if any marriage or children

Hi,

Yes, I am still there to help. I found that birth in 1912 births list, but records online stop in 1911. So I have to ask the city of Lourches. I will call them on Monday and I hope I can get a copy of that record by email within few days. Is it what you need?

To find marriage and children will be difficult online, as lists stop in 1932 (Theodore was 20-21) and he didn't marry in Lourches. Also, marriages usely take place in bride's home town. Or do you mean Theodore's parents wedding?

Pascal

Edward Gustavaguard or gustavagand
    Marchand names
    Edward and marie
    Mari Jeanne.
    josett
    George
    Andre & jeannette
    Andre had daughter Sandrina and georgette can't remember other.

George had 2 sons John Francois and pascal or pascal
    Edward and marie
    I don't understand what you mean...

were trying to find out where Theodore was married and if he did marry at all.

And where our other family came from the Surname Marchand and Gustavaguard or Gustavagand were not sure how it is spelt that name as there related to my mums nana Jeanne Laude born Lourches.
    Last edited by jen1302; 20-02-17 at 02:17.

Quote Originally Posted by jen1302 View Post
    were trying to find out where Theodore was married and if he did marry at all.

And where our other family came from the Surname Marchand and Gustavaguard or Gustavagand were not sure how it is spelt that name as there related to my mums nana Jeanne Laude born Lourches.
    Jen,

I would find very surprizing that Gustavaguard or gustavagand would exist as french names.

I would suggest to split it into "Gustave" (which exist as a firstname) plus someting else (Like "Agarde" or "Agand" ??)

Rgds,

M.