Give help for French records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark,

May you tell me that soldier's name? Maybe I could find something on my side.

I will send you a private message with the files I told you.

Regards.
    Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by PascalMallet View Post
      Hi Mark,

May you tell me that soldier's name? Maybe I could find something on my side.

I will send you a private message with the files I told you.

Regards.
      Pascal
      Hi Pascal,

His name was John William Reading b.1876. I found a Jeanne Sophie Joly on Genealogie, but think some information was redacted on the naissance (Challes-les-Eaux, archives de la Savoir 1875-1890). I can't post the images, but there was nothing written in the margin that I could see.

Comment

Bonjour! Are you still available to help with finding records? If so please let me know as I could really use some help.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanne Poche View Post
          Bonjour! Are you still available to help with finding records? If so please let me know as I could really use some help.

Thank you,
          Hello Jeanne,

Yes, I am still available to help you. My purpose is more to teach you how to find records than to find them for you, except first ones of course.

Pascal

Comment

Hello Jeanne,

Yes, I am still available to help you. My purpose is more to teach you how to find records than to find them for you, except first ones of course.

Pascal
            This is wonderful news. I am trying to find more information on my ancestor who immigrated to Louisiana in the US sometime between 1715 and 1724. He was born in St Omer in 1679 and I am guessing that he came over here with the John Law concessions. However he is not on any of the ship's passenger lists. Do you know where I can find embarcation records in France? The first record I can find for him is a census report from the German Coast in Louisiana which lists his age and where he is from. He either left from Calais or L'orient. Any assistance from here would be great.

Thank you,

jeanne

Comment

This is wonderful news. I am trying to find more information on my ancestor who immigrated to Louisiana in the US sometime between 1715 and 1724. He was born in St Omer in 1679 and I am guessing that he came over here with the John Law concessions. However he is not on any of the ship's passenger lists. Do you know where I can find embarcation records in France? The first record I can find for him is a census report from the German Coast in Louisiana which lists his age and where he is from. He either left from Calais or L'orient. Any assistance from here would be great.

Thank you,

jeanne
              Hi Jeanne,

I don't think I can help you much, as the kind of information you search for is not online here in France. The only place I know where you could find passengers lists is National Archives in Paris, but you must go there. Maybe at French Navy Archives too. If you tell me the name of your ancestor, I will ask them about.

If your ancestor is Jacques Lachapelle dit Poche, I got something about him on the website I subscribe to...

Kind regards.

Pascal

Comment

You are very good. Yes that is the one I am currently researching. There is a lot of mis-information on-line about him and I would love something legit. I will give you my personal email if you prefer: (email address removed)

Thank you again,

Jeanne
                Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 10-07-16, 07:28. Reason: email address removed

Comment

Sorry Jeanne, we do not allow email addresses to be pubished on the forum. It would be better for you to send Pascal a private message and send your email address that way. Just click on his username to the left of his post and you will see a message option.
                  Elaine

Comment

You are very good. Yes that is the one I am currently researching. There is a lot of mis-information on-line about him and I would love something legit. I will give you my personal email if you prefer: (email address removed)

Thank you again,

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

As I have not got a private message from you yet, I reply here. Lachapelle was Jacques's family name and for any reason, he was called ("dit") Poche. He was born in Saint-Omer in about 1679 and died in 1747 aged 68 in Saint-Charles, Lafourch(e) parish, US Louisiana. He married Eliza Champion (no more information about her, but maybe another name to search in passengers lists if they came together from France). They got a son named François, born in Cannes Brûlées in 1730. If you have come upto Jacques, you probably know about all the rest.

I can't do anything for you about passengers lists, but here is the link to find his birth record : http://www.archivespasdecalais.fr/Archives-en-ligne (hoping you can read French).
                    Then click on [Etat civil] then on [Actes]. In [Lieu] (place), type "Omer", then choose first of 7 parishes, in [Année] (year), type "1679", and in [Recherche par type d'acte], click [Baptêmes]. That's won't be easy and only give you the name of his parents.

Pascal

Comment

Wow this is fantastic! It will take me some time to go through but what a treasure. When I stop to think about it, it is amazing this documentation even exists! I have one more thing that I'd like to check with you. My french is so-so and I wanted to see if you are familiar with the website: famillesparisiennes.org I found a listing for the family Poche at about the right time and it has his name?? But I cant tell what this document was that they are listed in? Any information on this website would be helpful.

Thank you again for all you have done.

Jeanne

Comment

Hi Jeanne,

If you go through St-Omer parish acts, after you choose the parish you want and before to see the pictures, you can read how the register is organized, so you can more faster. Sometimes, BMS (S = sépulture = burial) are together, sometimes they are apart. Sometimes, priest wrote "B" and a family name. Remember that 1679 has been calculated from Jacques's age when he died. His birth can be upto 5 years more or less. Good luck! When you find the act, tell me the parish and page number and I will read it for you.

Paris records has been destroyed by fire in 1870, so acts before 1860 have been "reconstructed" from different sources, but is still far to be complete. famillesparisiennes.org project is to find information in more sources (they list them and you can translate by Google). It is a long-time work. Of course, there are some Poche, but only in Paris. As people didn't move much before the end of 19th century, I guess you have no ancestor there.

Pascal

Comment

Hi Jeanne,

If you go through St-Omer parish acts, after you choose the parish you want and before to see the pictures, you can read how the register is organized, so you can more faster. Sometimes, BMS (S = sépulture = burial) are together, sometimes they are apart. Sometimes, priest wrote "B" and a family name. Remember that 1679 has been calculated from Jacques's age when he died. His birth can be upto 5 years more or less. Good luck! When you find the act, tell me the parish and page number and I will read it for you.

Paris records has been destroyed by fire in 1870, so acts before 1860 have been "reconstructed" from different sources, but is still far to be complete. famillesparisiennes.org project is to find information in more sources (they list them and you can translate by Google). It is a long-time work. Of course, there are some Poche, but only in Paris. As people didn't move much before the end of 19th century, I guess you have no ancestor there.

Pascal

Thank you for all your help. I started to just look for 1679, but then I decided to look at every page as I want to find all information on any of the family members. So far I think I have reviewed over 1,200 pages. I am grateful for the pages which were written with a "lite hand" as they are easier to read and don't show through from the back of the page. I am amazed with every page I see that this information is still available and I am very grateful for you too! Thank you again for all your help!

Comment

hi Pascal i'm hoping you can help my mum is trying to find her descendants from Lourches there name are
                            Theodore Laude born 17 January 1912 in Lourches if any marriage or children

Edward Gustavaguard or gustavagand

Marchand names
                            Edward and marie
                            Mari Jeanne.
                            josett
                            George
                            Andre & jeannette
                            Andre had daughter Sandrina and georgette can't remember other.

George had 2 sons John Francois and pascal or pascal
                            Edward and marie

Comment

Originally posted by jen1302 View Post
                              hi Pascal i'm hoping you can help my mum is trying to find her descendants from Lourches there name are
                              Theodore Laude born 17 January 1912 in Lourches if any marriage or children

Hi,

Yes, I am still there to help. I found that birth in 1912 births list, but records online stop in 1911. So I have to ask the city of Lourches. I will call them on Monday and I hope I can get a copy of that record by email within few days. Is it what you need?

To find marriage and children will be difficult online, as lists stop in 1932 (Theodore was 20-21) and he didn't marry in Lourches. Also, marriages usely take place in bride's home town. Or do you mean Theodore's parents wedding?

Pascal

Edward Gustavaguard or gustavagand
                              Marchand names
                              Edward and marie
                              Mari Jeanne.
                              josett
                              George
                              Andre & jeannette
                              Andre had daughter Sandrina and georgette can't remember other.

George had 2 sons John Francois and pascal or pascal
                              Edward and marie
                              I don't understand what you mean...

Comment

were trying to find out where Theodore was married and if he did marry at all.

And where our other family came from the Surname Marchand and Gustavaguard or Gustavagand were not sure how it is spelt that name as there related to my mums nana Jeanne Laude born Lourches.
                                Last edited by jen1302; 20-02-17, 02:17.

Comment

Originally posted by jen1302 View Post
                                  were trying to find out where Theodore was married and if he did marry at all.

And where our other family came from the Surname Marchand and Gustavaguard or Gustavagand were not sure how it is spelt that name as there related to my mums nana Jeanne Laude born Lourches.
                                  Jen,

I would find very surprizing that Gustavaguard or gustavagand would exist as french names.

I would suggest to split it into "Gustave" (which exist as a firstname) plus someting else (Like "Agarde" or "Agand" ??)

Rgds,

M.

Comment

Hi Pascal I am wondering if you could possibly give me help with the following. I've tried every avenue I can think of. I put this in another thread and Christine kindly pointed me in your direction.

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me some help with my Great Great Great Grandmother I have been trying to find out more about her family before she was married. Excuse the long post but I will give you everything I know from records I have.

Marie Josephine Vincente Leroux taken from the marriage certificate to Frederick Seymour Chester. She was born circa 1843 in France which comes from Census records and her death registry. They married on 11th March 1861. On the marriage certificate her Father is listed as Jean Maria Leroux I'm inclined to think it should be Jean Marie but I could be wrong.

The only other two pieces of information about her family before marriage are a sister listed on the 1861 Census Rosalie Leroux age 30 born in France. I have been given the name of another possible Sister from another person who is also a Great Great Grandaughter of Marie and Frederick, she has it as Artheimie Leroux born 1842. This information was given word of mouth from her relative. I am wondering if the spelling could be Arthemese as one of the other relatives in my tree is called this.

I am completely stumped on this and have tried many different things before posting here. Thank you for reading.

Comment

Working...
                                    X