Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Reeve - was he vapourised??

Dennis Reeve - was he vapourised??

Can anyone spot Dennis Reeve born 1829 in Horningtoft, Norfolk after 1841, when he was recorded in the parental home at Horningtoft? (Not to be confused with an older relative Dennis Reeve, born Colkirk Norfolk c1802, nor with the father & son Dennis Reeves, who lived in Shoreditch 1851 and after.) Thanks for looking .....................Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

This is the only thing I can find Janet. He is a Farmer travelling with wife Sarah but little else recorded

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...b=nypl&indiv=1

Vera

Vera, I only have a basic Ancestry sub, so I can't open the link. Would you be kind enough to tell me what sort of record it is and the date please, and the gist of what it's about? (I have census references for a Dennis with a wife called Sarah - not mine - and also two marriage index entries which I haven't yet been able to trace for confirmation or elimination purposes.) Hopefully what you've found will tie in with one of these Dennis Reeve strands....... Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Oh thank you, Moggie - that could be my Dennis as his father was named Paul. I saw that marriage in the GRO index, but couldn't find the couple on 1861, so didn't try to follow it up by combing through all possible resources.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Jay

Dennis Reeve
    Arrival 5th October 1857

birth date about 1828

Male, English

Departed Liverpool, England

Destination Canada West

Port of Arrival New York

Ship Name Robert Kelly

Dennis Reeve 29 m Farmer Canada West

Sarah Reeve 26 f Wife Canada West

Have had a quick look in NY and Canada. Will take another one.

Vera

Annesley Ntt - would that be Nottinghamshire? My Dennis had a brother called John, who went to Nottinghamshire...... ETA - I've just looked out my notes on John Reeve and he lived in Annesley Notts 1881 - 1901. So well done, Moggie, I reckon you've found the missing link in the chain and I'm very grateful.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Oh, Vera, thank you for that. That would explain why I couldn't find the couple from the 1853 marriage in 1861 census. I reckon between you, you and Moggie have joined up all the dots for me. Dennis Reeves were in short supply - the one you've found was born c1828. The marriage Moggie supplied was for Dennis, son of Paul, and also there's a link with Nottinghamshire where Dennis's younger brother was by 1861. Looks very likely, don't you think? I just couldn't solve this one on my own, I'd got too fixated on just looking within the box, so thanks again to both of you. ......Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Thanks, Moggie
    Janet in Yorkshire