• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Some Derbyshire help please

I downloaded a baptism record for Alfred Newman 1859 from FMP
    Sub district: Derby St Peter
    Register Office: South Derby
    Reference SPB/39/050

Actually I downloaded a few, but this was the only one that didn't supply the name of the parents.
    Would their names be on the actual parish record?
    If so, how can I access it please?

This is such a common name unfortunately, that I don't want to send off willy nilly for certificates without some certainty, if possible.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Hi Val

I'm going to the Local Studies Library in Derby on Monday, so can have a look at the St Peter's baptismal register for 1859.

STG

PS : There is a birth reg in Q2 of 1859 in Derby of an Alfred Newman (vol 7b, p.394). Maybe with a bit of luck, if we can find the baptism entry if might just also have the child's dob.
    Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 13-04-13, 12:32. Reason: Add PS
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Many thanks for that, I would be most grateful.
      I have all my fingers and toes crossed that his mother will be Ellen Newman - not too sure if there is a father mentioned as she wasn't married at the time.

Thank you so much STG

Comment

Been to Local Studies Library today and searched the whole of the St Peter's baptismal register for 1859. No Alfred Newman. In fact, no Alfred Anything. Like I said, there's a birth registration in Derby for Q2 of 1859 in Derby for an Alfred Newman. Could it be that record that you found, rather than the baptism?
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thank you for looking, and sorry it was a wasted search, but I think that I will send for the birth cert now. At least this will give me an answer of sorts.
          I'll get on to that now and it should take about 3 or 4 weeks to arrive here.

I had downloaded about four different baptisms, and this didn't show up as being different. I was expecting it to show me then names of the parents as the others had done.

Many thanks for taking the time to look for me, it is much appreciated STG.

Comment

Working...
          X