No announcement yet.

Disappeared into thin air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The marriage would piece it all together.

I don't have those records, where did you find them?
    I'll take a look!

Comment

You seem to have, do you mean someone else, am I on the wrong person? That was the 1861 I found yesterday.

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 26-10-19, 11:53.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

on FMP:
        First name(s) S
        Last name Sharratt
        Birth year -
        Death year 1876
        Death date ? ? 1876
        Burial year 1876
        Burial date 03 Jun 1876
        Burial place St George, Hanover Square
        County Middlesex
        Country England
        Archive
        City of Westminster Archives Centre
        Record set Westminster Burials
        Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
        Subcategory Parish Burials
        Collections from England, Great Britain
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

there is this to put some doubt from FMP:
          First name(s) SAMUEL
          Last name SHARRATT
          Marriage quarter 3
          Marriage year 1859

SAMUEL SHARRATT married one of these people

Sarah Slocombe, Mary Hamilton

District Kensington
          District number -
          County London
          Country England
          Volume 1A
          Volume as transcribed 1A
          Page number 190
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            First name(s) SAMUEL
            Last name SHARRATT
            Marriage quarter 3
            Marriage year 1859

District Kensington
            District number -
            County London
            Country England
            Volume 1A
            Volume as transcribed 1A
            Page number 190
            I have been searching for a 1st marriage ie a Mary to a Hamilton in case Mary was a widow at marriage Samuel. Cannot find a suitable candidate though.

His children had Weaver as mmn

SHARRATT, CHARLES BENJAMIN WEAVER
            GRO Reference: 1850 D Quarter in ST LUKE CHELSEA Volume 03 Page 39
            Last edited by Katarzyna; 26-10-19, 13:21.
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

First name(s) SAMUEL
              Last name SHARRATT
              Marriage quarter 3
              Marriage year 1859

District Kensington
              District number -
              County London
              Country England
              Volume 1A
              Volume as transcribed 1A
              Page number 190

That's the thing, Mary Eliza Ann Sharratt fits, but I can't be sure.

I just need to work out who Mary Eliza Ann Rampton is and where she came from?
              As George Rampton the ferrier passed away in 1842 and she was born in 1847.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                I have been searching for a 1st marriage ie a Mary to a Hamilton in case Mary was a widow at marriage Samuel. Cannot find a suitable candidate though.

His children had Weaver as mmn

SHARRATT, CHARLES BENJAMIN WEAVER
                GRO Reference: 1850 D Quarter in ST LUKE CHELSEA Volume 03 Page 39

I think that Mary Weaver is the Widow of George Rampton who died in 1842

Comment

Sorry I need to recap :(
                  confirmed:
                  1. All three Sharratt children - Charles Benjamin, Mary Eliza Ann and Emma are registered with Weaver as mother.
                  2. The 1851, 1861 and 1871 are probably all correct for this family.
                  3. Along with the death of mother Mary Ann 1875 and probably the death of William 1876 as I posted earlier.
                  4. William Sharratt was a boot/shoe maker.
                  5. They lived in Chelsea area.
                  6. Mary Ann Weaver birth and parents, so we know it to be her maiden name and not a married name.

What is not proved/found is
                  1. a marriage record of Mary Ann Weaver to George Rampton
                  2. a marriage record of Mary Ann Weaver to William Sharratt
                  3. daughter Mary Eliza Ann Weaver is Mary Eliza Ann Rampton

Until marriage records found 1 and 2 Mary could be different people?

Proved after name change - all details of Mary Eliza Ann Rampton and her family and now all details of her husband William Hutchings.
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 26-10-19, 14:38.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

There is also a Samuel Sharratt in the same area married to a Mary that has a daughter Mary Ann with the same age

Comment

...and my recap says William Sharratt - doh! Not Samuel Sharratt
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

...and my recap says William Sharratt - doh! Not Samuel Sharratt
                        I thought you'd found somebody else ?

Comment

Samuel Sharratt who married Mary Hamilton is a different person. He was born in 1833, but also in Staffordshire, so probably from the same extended family. He was a Carpenter, and he and Mary had a daughter Lizzie in 1860.

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=uki1871&indiv=try&h=17260390

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
                          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I'm not quite sure whether this helps, hinders, or adds nothing, but this relates to daughter Sarah Rampton, although the newspaper wrongly reports it as Kampton and names her mother as Sarah.

It states that at the time of young Sarah's death an infant (presumably William Henry Rampton) was dying in the same room the accident happened, and her husband was lying dead grief following a severe disappointment. It also states that her husband had been sixteen years a sergeant in the 1st Battalion of the Coldstream Guards.

The article is from the Morning Post 5 Sep 1842

Sarah Rampton 1842.JPG

Comment

A possible for the apparently missing John Rampton born c1833 is in the Army Index for 1851, Service No. 3015, Drummer & Fifer, Coldstream Regiment Of Foot Guards. Location: London & Windsor.

He is in the Garrison Of The Tower Of London in the 1851 census, the same as George Jr, and gives his PoB as Ireland.

Added: John Rampton of the Coldstream Guards buried 9 Nov 1853 Holy Trinity Kensington & Brompton, aged 21
                              Last edited by teasie; 26-10-19, 17:55.

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                                Samuel Sharratt who married Mary Hamilton is a different person. He was born in 1833, but also in Staffordshire, so probably from the same extended family. He was a Carpenter, and he and Mary had a daughter Lizzie in 1860.

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=uki1871&indiv=try&h=17260390

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...&rhSource=1623
                                That is good to discount that marriage, thought I had better mention it.

Originally posted by teasie View Post
                                I'm not quite sure whether this helps, hinders, or adds nothing, but this relates to daughter Sarah Rampton, although the newspaper wrongly reports it as Kampton and names her mother as Sarah.

It states that at the time of young Sarah's death an infant (presumably William Henry Rampton) was dying in the same room the accident happened, and her husband was lying dead grief following a severe disappointment. It also states that her husband had been sixteen years a sergeant in the 1st Battalion of the Coldstream Guards.

The article is from the Morning Post 5 Sep 1842

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20323[/ATTACH]
                                I read and re read the bit about her mothers name, and can't decide if the comma was removed it was naming the deceased. If Sarah is her name then its not Mary Ann ?

there is this record on fold3 for the son Benjamin also:
                                Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

ame: Benjamin Sharratt
                                Birth Year: Abt 1851
                                Birth Place: Chelsea, London
                                Desertion Date: 6 Feb 1871
                                Desertion Place: Glasgow
                                Publication Date: 5 Jun 1871
                                Regimental Number: 1920
                                Military Corps: 5th Foot
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyHutch View Post
                                  Hi All,

Coincidence 2:
                                  After not finding any other links between the 2 I thought I’d try a different approach and see if I could track down the witnesses on William and Mary Eliza Anns marriage record.
                                  These were George and Emily Daykin, after a very brief search I found a marriage record for them in Kensington in 1876 where Emily’s maiden name was listed as Sharratt.

So could Emily and Mary Eliza Ann be related?

Coincidence 3:
                                  I began building out a tree for George & Emily Daykin starting from the marriage record.
                                  Although there are no fathers listed it did say that George was a soldier.
                                  I discovered that George Daykin was a soldier in the Grenadier Guards, as was William Hutchings.
                                  So it’s possible that they both met the Sharratt’s while posted at the London barracks.
                                  This makes me think that I have the right George & Emily Daykin.
                                  do you think Emily is Emma her sister? Did you get an age on her?
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

Age fits, as yet not found any records for her after this that matches birth place.
                                    sharratt.JPG
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

Age fits, as yet not found any records for her after this that matches birth place.
                                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20324[/ATTACH]
                                      You beat me to it.
                                      They appear to all be an elusive bunch!

Also for some reason I can't click on any images, I get an error message saying I don't have permission so I can't read the newspaper article.

"ScottyHutch, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons
                                      1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                                      2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20324[/ATTACH]
                                        Here are the possible census records I found for Emily:
                                        1851: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...35371876/facts
                                        1861: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...35371876/facts
                                        1871: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...35371876/facts
                                        1881: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...35371876/facts
                                        1901: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...35371876/facts

Comment

Working...
                                        X