No announcement yet.

Walter James Neale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found him in 1871!! Living with his uncle Joe Neale (although he is down as his son)! Poor kid seems to have been shunted from one house to the next :-(

Thanks again for all your help guys!!

Comment

Well done locating the connection between Luke Bell and Sarah Neale, Suzanne....and a further connection with Joe Neale.

Do remember though, that even though you have moved into 'probabilities', it is still speculation and Walter's birth cert would still be at the top of my priorities.

Beverley

Comment

you've found half the details of the first marriage on familysearch. you need to get that cert for the father's occupation and the witnesses could help with family.

Comment

Ordered them both today hopefully they will confirm this :-)

Comment

Hi everyone,
            I am still trying to finish this bit of my tree (after three months)!

I have found Walter James Neale and I have his birth certificate ... he was illegitimate.

I am now trying to find out what happened to his mother Susan Neale (b: April 1838 in York) and her sister Sarah (b: 1834 in York) to Joseph Neale (b: 9/3/1801) and Sarah Jackson (b: 1798ish)

I am struggling to find a death date for the sisters and their mother and I think the sisters married in York but I cannot find any evidence.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Suzanne

Comment

What have you got for them so far other than what you have stated.

Margaret

Comment

hi Suzanne,

I take it you have Susan/nah through the census? if so, which is the last census you have her on please
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

For Sarah I have 1851&1861
                  For Susan a d her mother Sarah Neale (nee Jackson) I have 1841, 1851, 1861 and 1871

... their father Joseph Neale is not on the census records as he was a servant somewhere nearby (can't find exactly where though).

Comment

Hi, I'm a descendant of Agnes Neale, daughter of Joe Neale, and having looked into her siblings, I can tell you that the WJ Neale living with Joe Neale in 1871, is Walter John Neale, Walter James' cousin, Walter John was 3/4 years older than Walter James, being born in 1855, to Joe and Ann Amelia Neale.
                    I have also looked into their cousins a little way, and this is what I have found so far on Walter James' brother and sister:
                    Alfred Neale born 23 March 1862, York, Yorkshire. Died 1934, Sculcoates, Yorkshire. Married 1890, Sculcoates Mary Harding born 1857, Hull, Yorkshire. [Alfred Neale and Mary had the following children: i. Florence Neale born 1890, Hull, Yorkshire. Died ? ii. Alfred Neale born 1895, Hull, Yorkshire. Died ? iii. Kate E Neale born 1897, Hull, Yorkshire. Died? [Mary Harding was a widow when she married Alfred, and already had the following children: i. Lillie Harding born 1881, Sunderland, Northumberland. Died ? ii. Mary Alice Harding born 1885, Aberdeen, Scotland. Died? iii. William W Harding born 1887, Aberdeen, Scotland. Died?] Florence Neale born1864, York, Yorkshire. Died ?
                    On the 1891 census, Florence Neale is working as a nurse, at the hospital on Monkgate, York, just around the corner from where her uncle Joe was living on Newbiggin Street, in the St Maurice part of the City of York.
                    I hope this is some help.
                    JTerry

Comment

Also, in 1871, there was a Robert Renison living with Susan Neale, Alfred and Florence, who is down as lodger, 37, General labourer of York. He may or may not be significant.

Comment

Working...
                      X