Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

william dick(born scotland)all family from teeside area.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• william dick(born scotland)all family from teeside area.

hi im researching my great great grandad william dick.on the 1881 census he had landed in thornaby stockton on tees.he had a son james henry dick who was born 1881 and ended up in hartlepool where he had my grandad norman dick.william married isabel richardson who was from whitby.it states william was born scotland but for the life of me i cant find were in scotland he was born.he was born 1841.all the dick family offspring resided in hartlepool.darlington.and bishop auckland areas of county durham.if anyone can help id be extremely appreciative.thank you in advance

Can you give the reference (or a link) for the 1881 census please.
    Elaine

Comment

Is this the correct 1881 census - where they are living in Hartlepool ??

RG11; Piece: 4909; Folio: 69; Page: 19

Do you have William's marriage certificate which should show the name and occupation of his father?
      Elaine

Comment

william dick

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        Is this the correct 1881 census - where they are living in Hartlepool ??

RG11; Piece: 4909; Folio: 69; Page: 19

Do you have William's marriage certificate which should show the name and occupation of his father?
        yes that is the one.iv phoned the marriage office but they said the marriage cert doesnt state were he is from in scotland

Comment

Originally posted by coldplayfan View Post
          yes that is the one.iv phoned the marriage office but they said the marriage cert doesnt state were he is from in scotland
          No, the marriage certificate wont show where he is born, but it will give the name of his father and his father's occupation which does sometimes help to find the family in the census. In addition, the witnesses to the marriage may be family members, again helps to find something pre-marriage.
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X