No announcement yet.

Advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know whether I should start this as a new thread but I am stuck again. I bought some credits for ScotlandsPeople and got his birth records with his Parent's listed as John (Ironstone miner) & Jane (nee Wilson) it says they got married on 25 Sep 1866, in Johnstone. I cannot find a record of the marriage though. I also tried looking for them in the 1871 Census and could only find John & Barbara McGowan - they have a son, John, who would be the right age and a daughter called jane (can't read the age). But his occupation is a flax spinner so I think it is not them. Can I appeal for help again to find a records of marriage or a hit on a census? Also is there any better way to search Scottish records? I have wasted about £10 and not found out anything that people on this forum had not already told me. Thank you for taking the time to read this, Suzanne

Comment

Suzanne, I didn't realise you had two threads going....I've posted links to your family on the other one....the family was in Durham . Martha was the second child....eight altogether.

Beverley

Comment

Thank you - this is the first time I have used a forum. I wasn't sure if each thing needed a new post. Thank you so much for helping me with this I really really appreciate it!!

Comment

You are very welcome, Suzanne. Generally, you start a new thread if the topic alters

Beverley

Comment

Working...
          X