Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Essex

Can anyone going to Essex RO kindly use the on-line Essex Ancestors system to look up how many entries for the surname CHIPPERFIELD are in Chadwell St. Mary. This is free to use on site. If there are just a few and it's not too much trouble please list them for me. If there are many I can take out a subscription and do it myself from home, but I would rather know that there are some before I buy a sub!
    Last edited by webwiz; 13-01-13, 16:38.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Barkingside baptism records ca 1863

I am in a similar situation - there could be a Baptism record, but in my case there may be none because the family was inclined to non-conformity.

Baptism: William Charles LANCASTER, b 13 Apr 1863, Barkingside, s/o William LANCASTER, manager to charcoal merchant, & Elizabeth BATES

According to the online catalogue, the only likely place for the baptism to be recorded (if it exists in the C of E records) is
    Holy Trinity, Barkingside: Register of Baptisms 1840~1908 D/P 521/1/1 Microfiche
    By 1871, the family was in Maidenhead.

I am quite willing to pay a limited time/amount sub, if I have a reasonable chance of finding the record I'm looking for. If someone is going into the Essex RO, and can spare the time to look, I'd appreciate it.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
    X