GRO and certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO and certificates

I ordered some certificates last week, and on the order it said I could expect them on 21st, well it's the 22nd and they still aren't here!!! Anyone else had this problem lately with them? Should I try and contact them? or do I just sit it out?

Typical I've got a friend coming today to look at one of them so we can get started on the Scottish branch of the tree.
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Mine should have been sent out on the 17th but I still havent had them.

Ive noticed that now they post them royal mail 2nd class they take ages to come..

My last order was 7 days late!

]

Comment

I had some due for dispatch on the 10th and they arrived Sat/Mon. I know they had a note on the homepage last week saying we should expect delays but all shoud be back to normal by 21st.

Comment

Mine for the 16th were delivered yesterday, so wernt to bad ;;;sure I ordered 5 but only 2 came need to find e-mail to see how many I did order ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I ordered 4 at the start of the month and they arrived one at a time. The first one to make it was about 3 days late and the last about 7.
          Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Ahh, seems I've not got much to moan about yet.

Just typical isn't it, one of them I desperatly need, the others are for completion, if you know what I mean!

This really is sad isn't it? "Desperately need" it!
            Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

seems a perfectly normal attitude to me LOL

It's when you start sitting on the doorstep from 7am waiting for the postman you become sad
              Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Originally posted by Sue at the seaside View Post
                I ordered some certificates last week, and on the order it said I could expect them on 21st, well it's the 22nd and they still aren't here!!! Anyone else had this problem lately with them? Should I try and contact them? or do I just sit it out?

Typical I've got a friend coming today to look at one of them so we can get started on the Scottish branch of the tree.
                The date on the order is the Despatch date so you will need to allow time for them to wend their way to you - if you're ging to camp out by your letter box be sure to have a good supply of food and drink and plenty of research to keep you busy:D
                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I ordered two the week before last and they had the dispatch date of 17th - one arrived the next day which confirmed my 2xg grdfather was an "active" gentleman given that he was 75 when his youngest son was born! and the other is still yet to appear (which of course is the one I really want) along with the one that I ordered last week which had dispatch date of 21st.

*can't wait to rush home from work to see if it has arrived yet*
                  Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Oh dear - I ordered 7 certificates on Sunday and the despatch date is 25th April - wonder when I'll get them?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I ordered one last week with a despatch day of the 22nd (today) wonder how late it will be

Comment

Sue

You must have ordered the same day as me

Order date 15 April 2008 9.08am <<< To be precise.
                        Despatch date 21 April 2008

Here's hoping both yours and mine arrive tomorrow :D
                        Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Is it because the Who Do You Think You Are Live Show is imminent and it has woken up some of the sporadic researchers?

Christine
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have ordered several certificates that are well overdue but also those that have come have had errors on them: in one case the year was misread and the GRO typed 1857 instead of 1851 at the top of the certificate. On another one Norwich was said to be in Warwickshire! Clearly the staff are overloaded at the moment and prone to error.

Peter

Comment

I ordered 7 with a dispatch date of the 18th (last Friday). Four arrived on Saturday - 2 were wrong.
                              One arrived yesterday. Still waiting on the other 2.

Also waiting for 3 due for dispatch on the 24th.
                              Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Well the one with the dispatch date of 17th is still outstanding as are the ones with the dispatch date of 21st but if they are coming 2nd class..........
                                Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Another day and they aren't here! It's not so urgent now, a friend came yesterday to have a look at one of them with me (A project we are meant to be doing together!) He doesn't have many days off and he lives a fair way, so I think it will just be down to me now when it comes, I just have to be patient.

I rather thought it would be safe until the new series started!
                                  Sue x

Comment

Just ordered something myself,and there is a note about delays as they are very busy apparently,i think they say allow 2 or 3 extra day's,have a look,i can't remember exactly what they're saying.
                                    "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Comment

Don't hold your breath!

I've just had an e-mail from GRO issuing a refund on a cert that should have been sent out on the 21st.

Comment

One of the three I ordered has arrived, says it was dispatched on 21st!

It is the one I was really waiting for, but, they are only put as "Full age" Not really what I wanted, and the Grooms Dad is already deceased. Now I need to find out about deaths in Scotland!
                                        Sue x

Comment

Working...
                                        X