This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: Dhekelia British Military Cemetary Cyprus

Willing to go to the British Military cemetary in Dhekelia for look ups or photographs if its any help to anyone

Welcome to the forum.

I wonder if you could get a couple of general photos that we could include in our International War Memorials project - http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...-War-Memorials
    If you click on any of the countries listed you will see the sort of thing I mean. Three or four general shots would be great.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
      No problem but this is also a cemetary for families of the military who also died here in Cyprus and not specifically a war memorial site. Do you still want pictures ?
      Last edited by Xylofagou; 18-02-12, 13:27.

Comment

Thanks.
        It's generally better to upload them to an external site such as Flickr or Photobucket, and then provide a link to the image. When you use the insert image icon the image size is reduced somewhat.
        Alternatively, I will give you my email address and you can email them directly to me.
        Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
          I think your answer was to my un edited post, the cemetary is also used for families of military who died here in Cyprus and not specifically a war memorial site
          Do you still want pictures ?

Comment

Have just checked it out, and yes please would still like some photos as it is a military cemetery.
            Maybe we may need to change the heading of our page slightly so as to encompass military cemeteries as well as war memorials!
            Elaine

Comment

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/...ry%20Cemetary/

Hi Elaine
              Can you see if these are the sort of pictures you want

Regards
              Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob, yes they are perfect. Can I pinch a few?
                Elaine

Comment

Help yourself to any or all of them

Comment

Thanks Rob.
                    Elaine

Comment

Good morning Rob,

I know it is a while since this thread was last active; I came across it yesterday and wondered if you could still help.

My Grandad was tragically killed in Cyprus in the 60's. My Grandma passed away almost 20 years ago now and her Ashes were taken out there too. It has been over 15 years now since I have been to the Cemetery.

I wondered if you were still able to go and take pictures; I would be incredibly grateful if you could locate the headstone and send over some images.

Many, many thanks for any help you can give.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by RobP View Post
                        Good morning Rob,

I know it is a while since this thread was last active; I came across it yesterday and wondered if you could still help.

My Grandad was tragically killed in Cyprus in the 60's. My Grandma passed away almost 20 years ago now and her Ashes were taken out there too. It has been over 15 years now since I have been to the Cemetery.

I wondered if you were still able to go and take pictures; I would be incredibly grateful if you could locate the headstone and send over some images.

Many, many thanks for any help you can give.

Rob
                        Hi Rob P
                        Sorry I cannot help with your photo as I am no longer based in Cyprus

Regards
                        Rob

Comment

As Rob is no longer able to help I have locked this thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X