Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suein10b
    replied
    another vote for Legacy family tree either the free version or upgrade to deluxe

Leave a comment:

• Ann from Sussex
    replied
    I've downloaded RootsMagic as I thought it looked to be the nearest to my old version of FTM in the way you use it. My Gedcoms have succesfully been imported into it, I've had a look around it and its seems easy to use, so thank you all for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Ann from Sussex
    replied
    Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
    "Gramps" is completely free, and I've heard it being highly recommended, although haven't used it myself.

https://gramps-project.org/blog/
    I saw that one when doing my Google search but ignored it because I hadn't heard of it before. I shall add it to my list to investigate. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• AntonyM
    replied
    "Gramps" is completely free, and I've heard it being highly recommended, although haven't used it myself.

Leave a comment:

• Ann from Sussex
    replied
    Thanks folks. When I have a spare hour I will investigate.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    i use rootsmagic, but have the paid version, I am not sure what you get for free. The only reason I use FTM is that it synchs to Ancestry, I much prefer rootsmagic. but I am not an intensive user of software, it is basic record keeping with link to images is all I need with some reports. I like the reports, better than FTM

Leave a comment:

• Macbev
    replied
    I've been using Legacy Family Tree ever since I began researching..began with their free software and eventually upgraded to the Deluxe version - but only after I felt I understood the basics properly. Never had any fault to find with the package.

Leave a comment:

• Vivian
    replied
    The free version of Legacy Family Tree is good. I have just upgraded to the Deluxe version but still in the process of changing over my files from PAF.

Leave a comment:

• Ann from Sussex
    replied
    Thanks Margaret. I saw that when I did a Google search for free downloads but wondered if anyone had a recommendation.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    RootsMagic has a free version which I think is easy to use.

Leave a comment:

• Ann from Sussex
    started a topic Free family tree software needed

Free family tree software needed

Can anyone recommend a good free family tree software download for a laptop please? I've recently bought a new one and need to transfer my tree onto it. I was using a very old version of FTM on my old computer and, at the moment, I don't want to have to buy a newer version so want to download something that lets me see/work on my tree in the meantime. I have downloaded something called My Family Tree which I thought would do but it is the most user-unfriendly program imaginable. I have spent the entire afternoon trying to work out how to add new facts and people to one family and STILL can't fathom it! I am nearly tearing my hair out in frustration. It was so easy on FTM so I need something very straightforward to tide me over until I feel like buying a new version. All recommendations welcome please.
Working...
X