FTM 2019 error relationship Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2019 error relationship Help

I keep having an issue with 3 family members. When I try and add a relationship to them it keeps saying the following.
    Can't ass son or husband in another one because they have a direct relationship with the other.

I look and look but see no issue? One person it states that that person is the spouse of their self but when I look at the relationship for that person it is correct and does not show that.

Are their any bugs in FTM 2019?

Hi Bruce.
    It might be a good idea to go direct to Mackiev Live Chat. It costs nothing and it's typing in Live Time. They are very patient and extremely helpful. If they can't solve your problem there and then they will get back to you usually within the same day by email.
    It is useful to take some screen shots of the problem if you can before you contact them. You will see at the base of the form there is a paperclip symbol to click and you can add as many screen shots as you want before sending.

Last edited by Katarzyna; 19-12-19, 13:53.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Well thanks but I just logged in to say I figured it out. Went to the persons and their info then click relationships. Look to see if it if lists any unknown relationships then you can nu-attach the unknown relationships issue seems to be resolved. I did check to make sure the person had no relationship before detaching them.
      For instance it was showing the one person had two spouses and he did not.

Comment

Good! If you do have problems with FTM and post here, it is handy for us to have a screen shot so we can "see" your problem too. If you have a tree on Ancestry I find that after synching you can often see the problem by comparing the differences (or not!) between the two. Often it can be more obvious visually on one than on the other.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Working...
        X