Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM Descendant Chart

Hello

I've just unearthed some descendant charts that were printed some years ago from an early version of FTM.

The boxes are of variable width such that they just accommodate the longest single line of text within them.

I cannot manage to do this with my current version (FTM2011) - all the boxes are the same width.

Questions :-

1. Is it actually possible to do this in FTM2011 or indeed FTM2019 which I'm considering upgrading to?

2. Can someone confirm that an earlier version of FTM suppported this feature (or am I imagining things)?

3. If an earlier version did support this and this feature no longer exists, when was it removed and why?

Many thanks in anticipation

BazzerLondon

when you are in the report, on the right hand side there is a descendant chart options box with lots of various icons. click on the one that is box and line styles, and uncheck the box all boxes the same size and then they will all be different sizes.

I am on a different version (2017), but probably same.

boxes1.JPG

boxes2.JPG
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Hi Carolyn

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, I knew about the checkbox you referred to.

Whether or not the checkbox is checked seems to have no effect on the width of the descendant chart boxes. What it does seem to do is make heights either the same or different if checked or not respectively.

Perhaps it's a "feature" in FTM2011 !!!

Bazzer

Comment

Sorry I hadn't realised it wasn't changing widths, mine isn't either, it could end up a bit messy I guess if both height and width is changing. You can change the width in the first place on my version, guess this is the same for you? you can see box on my picture above.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Ah well. Perhaps someone out there who was using FTM some 15 or so years ago might be able to confirm that this was a feature now seemingly defunct.

Thanks for your interest, Carolyn

Comment

Working...
          X