ftm 2019 shortcut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftm 2019 shortcut

having downloaded the new version of ftm do i still need to keep the old ftm 2017 desktop short cut and the ftm 2017 or can i just delete them.
    on the same theme in the desktop control panel there is the old ftm 2017 program do i need to keep it as well
    Brian
    avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

I assume you have installed your new version of FTM 2019 and registered it. If so go to your FTM 2017 and do a backup, always do a backup onto an external thumb drive or hard drive. I keep 3 separate backup copies of my FTM data.

Once you backup your FTM 2017 date close the FTM 2017. Then open your new FTM 2019 and restore the backup data file into your FTM 2019. Then make sure it restored A-OK. Load your FTM 2019 and again make sure all your family tree information is in the new version.

If so you should then be able to uninstall your FTM 2017 and delete the old icon but that is totally up to you. As said make sure you backup your existing FTM 2017 data onto an external hard drive in a folder.

Again if you delete your FTM 2017 it is totally your doing I am simply stating what I would do but I am not you.

Comment

I forgot also go into file manager and open the windows program file and look and make sure you have two separate folders in there one saying Family Tree Maker 2017 and another separate folder saying Family Tree Maker 2017. Since I have just started to use FTM I am not sure if when you install the new version if it over wrights then old one or completely installs into the new separate folder. If it made a new shortcut icon I would assume it installed a separate version in a new folder. If you only see one folder better let things as is again I am just stating what I would do you can do as you please.

Comment

thanks for reply will check out suggestions
        Brian
        avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
        researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Use to own a computer retail store was certified in Windows up to version 2000 started in the MS/DOS days.

Comment

Working...
          X