FTM 2019 Report Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
    It is viewing pictures (10 days)and sending PMs (10 in the Inbox until 10 postas made) that is restricted for new members - not editing one's posts, which is the same time limit for all members as I said earlier on the thread..
    guess it was different for me sorry

see here:
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-11-19, 19:35.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      guess it was different for me sorry

see here:
      https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...it#post2644797
      The only difference was that Tim tried to bypass the settings for you to see the pictures.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Well I have had allot of Vbulletin Suite forums still have two but they will be coming down after my hosting time is up. I have one for the family tree site but now that I have FTM I will take it down think the hosting for that is paid for 6 months yet.

Biggest Vbulletin forum i had for years was the Cedar Creek RV Club had 2000+ users but sadly when I thought I may have only 3 to 4 months to live I had to take it down as no one would become the admin.

WOW the book maker plug in for FTM is just amazing saves you weeks of work well worth the price and being able to export the data in different formats is also amazing, was never a programmer except for basic back in the MS/DOS days.

I would recommend FTM to anyone and if you plan to make a book also the book maker plug in.

There is a small cemetery about an hour from where I live where 5 generations of my family are laid to rest. The oldest is Patrick Cavanaugh who came over from Ireland guess he is my Great, Great gramdfather. Would love to know where he came from and what ship he came over on but just do not have enough information on his history.

Comment

The only difference was that Tim tried to bypass the settings for you to see the pictures.
          oh so that messed up the editing I hadn't realised, nobody explained that bit. Just knew I couldn't edit until day 10.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Brucecav View Post
            Well I have had allot of Vbulletin Suite forums still have two but they will be coming down after my hosting time is up. I have one for the family tree site but now that I have FTM I will take it down think the hosting for that is paid for 6 months yet.

Biggest Vbulletin forum i had for years was the Cedar Creek RV Club had 2000+ users but sadly when I thought I may have only 3 to 4 months to live I had to take it down as no one would become the admin.

WOW the book maker plug in for FTM is just amazing saves you weeks of work well worth the price and being able to export the data in different formats is also amazing, was never a programmer except for basic back in the MS/DOS days.

I would recommend FTM to anyone and if you plan to make a book also the book maker plug in.

There is a small cemetery about an hour from where I live where 5 generations of my family are laid to rest. The oldest is Patrick Cavanaugh who came over from Ireland guess he is my Great, Great gramdfather. Would love to know where he came from and what ship he came over on but just do not have enough information on his history.
            I ran a phpBB forum for crafters in its heyday it had 100s of users and we had big get togethers....FB kind of took over

I am not that big on needing reporting, I did print out things many years ago for my Dad to read, but now I have no need to print anything really. I am starting to write 'stories' about things in my tree, just for my own benefit.

More and more records are becoming available in the public domain so you never know you might find something one day,
            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 01-12-19, 00:00.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

VBulletin has been doing fine for us since 2006 and we will be staying with it and indeed upgrading soon when Tim has time from his fulltime job and Christmas is out of the way.

Several of the limits and tweaks we have in place although irritating are in place because of the silly games previous members, and the few spammers who get in, have tried in the past. The site has developed according to the needs and wishes of the members and may well not work according to the defaults of the software or how you use your own. Members who decide to stay after getting the answer to their query, or who aren't spammers who get banned, lose the restrictions. If they don't post in the first few days they don't even know about the restrictions!
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

VBulletin has been doing fine for us since 2006 and we will be staying with it and indeed upgrading soon when Tim has time from his fulltime job and Christmas is out of the way.
                I feel his pain, although much easier these days, I remember in the early days of upgrading, when on dial up, and then having tiny limits on upload and download. I left my husband in charge we still have forum and upgraded a month or so ago, and it only took an hour.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Started in the with Commodore fixed and upgraded them, then out came MS/DOS was big into that. Then came the 1st IBM compatible XT started building them and fixing up to the year 2000.

I remember back in the 1st MS/DOS days we had online BBS like a forum today we we passed around email using Fidonet from one computer to another traveled all around the world but took a month.

Amazing the changes we have seen.

This Family Book Creator 2017 amazes me WOW it is easy to use and does such a super job. One can then export is into Word and edit and changes as you wish I love it.

Comment

Working...
                  X