Family Tree Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker

Can anyone tell me please does Family Tree Maker have a vertical tree as opposed to a tree that is horizontal when printed out on paper, ie ascendant at the top of the page and the descendants towards the bottom or vice versa.

Thank you

This will give an overview of the type of charts available and some of the customising you can do
    http://chartingfamilytreemaker.blogspot.com/

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you so much for this Trevor. The basics described are the same for whichever version of FTM you have. It's actually quite amazing what can be achieved if you have the time and patience
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by ewen View Post
        Can anyone tell me please does Family Tree Maker have a vertical tree as opposed to a tree that is horizontal when printed out on paper, ie ascendant at the top of the page and the descendants towards the bottom or vice versa.

Thank you
        there is something called a "vertical pedigree chart" I am assuming this isn't quite what you want?
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you TrevorFranklin for the link you gave, but I needed to get my head around how to find a print button, now found under 'view' and then 'tree charts'.

cbcarolyn, that is exactly what I have been looking for, thank you

Comment

Working...
          X