Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek Mythology

I am using FTM14 on a Win 10 laptop.

I am interested in creating a tree of the Olympians according to Bullfinch. The only problem I foresee is the fact that there are many brother-sister, niece-uncle, etc. unions with issue. Is there a way of making the program show these in a printed report? Thanks in advance.

I have no idea, but why not just input say a small amount of people and then try printing a report?

I'm sure that it would show a relationship report [if that option were selected] There are some members on here that are cousins that have married and had children.

please let us know when you have a result.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Pluto union with Demeter; issue a daughter, Persephone. (accord. to Bullfinch)
      Pluto (later) union with Persephone with issue, the Eumenides. (accord. to Hesiod)
      Zeus (disguised as Pluto) union with Persephone has the Eumenides as issue (accord. to Apollodorus [questionable])
      The program will not create the Pluto/Persephone union (with an alert that these persons cannot be united).
      Can I make the program unite them whether it likes it or not?
      Thank you.

Comment

You can download a Gedcom for Greek Mythic Genealogy here

The home page of the Greek Mythic Genealogical Project, a non-comprehensive database of Greek mythological gods, heroes, and other characters.

I opened it in Family Historian and it was fine and looks pretty complex to me and no complaints from FH other than a couple of formatting errors in the Gedcom File.
        Attached Files
        Jane
        Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
        "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Originally posted by tonyvella View Post
          Pluto union with Demeter; issue a daughter, Persephone. (accord. to Bullfinch)
          Pluto (later) union with Persephone with issue, the Eumenides. (accord. to Hesiod)
          Zeus (disguised as Pluto) union with Persephone has the Eumenides as issue (accord. to Apollodorus [questionable])
          The program will not create the Pluto/Persephone union (with an alert that these persons cannot be united).
          Can I make the program unite them whether it likes it or not?
          Thank you.
          I don't know is the honest answer, why not play around with it and see? can you not create on say on Ancestry and then import it to FTM? [or sync if you have that option?]
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you one and all for your input. Please forget the whole thing, I have given up.
            Here is the latest:
            Zeus + wife 1 and children = OK
            Zeus + wife 2 and children = OK
            Zeus + wife 3 and suddenly ALL the offspring of all the wives have become offspring of wife 3. I give up!
            I shall resort to Hesiod and Apollonius and rely on my memory which, at age 75, is nothing to write home about.
            END OF PROJECT.
            Amicis amicaeque, iterum, ago gratias.

Comment

Working...
            X