Ftm 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftm 2019

anybody get the email about an upgrade , I dont understand it help ?

A NEW EDITION IS ABOUT TO ARRIVE
    It's been thirty years since Family Tree Maker was born and it's only fitting that we introduce a new edition this year that takes this grand old brand to places its original creators could only have dreamed of. Where every change you make to your tree on your Mac or PC can be instantly and automatically viewed from your smart phone or tablet. Where you can turn back time to erase mistakes you made even a thousand changes ago. Where you can arrange for your tree to be passed on to a relative of your choice along with your Family Tree Maker license to ensure your legacy lives on. That's just a small part of the new world of Family Tree Maker you'll be seeing this summer. Pre-order sales start today.

PRE-ORDER NOW. SAVE BIG. Click here to pre-order FTM 2019.

FTM 2019
    Three Days Only – Preorder Now
    Save £50 on an upgrade to FTM 2019.
    TOP TEN REASONS TO UPGRADE NOW
    10. Turn Back Time.

This one might just be worth the whole upgrade. FTM 2019 keeps track of every one of your last THOUSAND changes. Made a mistake three days ago but your last full backup is three weeks old? Just roll back to just before the mistake was made with a single click. Then use the comprehensive Changes Log to restore the moves you meant to make. Problem solved.

9. FamilySearch Integration 2.0.

Lots of news here starting with the ability to download an entire branch from a FamilySearch tree into FTM 2019. But the big news here is historical record hints which you'll get when you match a person in your Family Tree Maker tree to a person in a FamilySearch family tree. Simple as that.

I am a member of the Facebook FTM users group and there has been a fair bit of discussion/hints on the new features that were planned. I was quite keen on the TreeVault Cloud facility but that will cost £29.95 a year. That has put me off a bit as I am still finding my feet with the programme and haven’t used any but the basics so far and I don’t synch with ancestry nor will I, so I’m not sure there there is enough reason for me to upgrade now as I currently have the latest version anyway.
    If you pre-order the latest version from the promo email within three days of receiving it, you pay £29.95 for the programme instead of the standard price of £59.95. Oh, and you get a free year of the TreeVault Cloud thing thrown in.
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 15-05-19, 13:31.

Comment

Further investigation shows that there are three prices.
      £29.95 if you respond within 3 days of receiving your promo email.
      £59.95 to upgrade later from a suitable past product. Probably only 2017 I’d guess.
      £79.95 full product price if you can’t upgrade and have to buy new.

Comment

The one bit of the TreeVault service that I actually want is the FTM Connect app which allows you to see a copy (minus images) of your tree on an iPhone/iPad. Android coming soon. This is described in the blurb as a free app. What is not clear is whether of not this still works if you stop subscribing to TreeVault after the year is up.
        Have posted a question on FB page, will let you know of the answer.

Comment

The important thing here is that there is no release date for the product other than "summer 2019". The software company concerned don't have a great track record of meeting such release dates as I recall from the time of FTM 2017 coming out. ....
          Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
          Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

I have not got an email, but have read some of the posts on the FB page. I have only recently bought the version I am on, so not keen to spend again so soon.

If you synch to Ancestry then you have it all on line anyway, so not a big selling point to me.

I saw the turn back time and thought that may have proved useful, but again for me I don't do many updates these days as tree is pretty much where I want it to be, I am just adding 'flesh' so won;t be adding amazing amount of people ever again.

I am someone that works in Ancestry and synchs to FTM (generally), so some of the features are more for those using FTM exclusively, or working on it. Features like hints appearing differently, all of this might come into its own when I no longer have ancestry sub.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
              The one bit of the TreeVault service that I actually want is the FTM Connect app which allows you to see a copy (minus images) of your tree on an iPhone/iPad. Android coming soon. This is described in the blurb as a free app. What is not clear is whether of not this still works if you stop subscribing to TreeVault after the year is up.
              Have posted a question on FB page, will let you know of the answer.
              The answer to this at the moment is we must wait and see. Quite rightly, folks are querying why the wait as you only have three days to get the special price. Surely they must know how the thing will work?

Comment

Sticking with 2017
                It has all the features I need and works well as it is :-)

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I understood that those who already have 2017 that there would be a free upgrade to 2019 later this year.

This is from Family Tree Maker facts:

Q: I've recently purchased FTM 2017 with a special offer to receive FTM 2019 as a free upgrade, is there anything I need to do?

A: Don't worry, we have your purchase recorded, and will email you information on how to pick up your free copy once we release the new edition. This applies to those of you who took advantage of a special upgrade offer we sent out late April or purchased FTM 2017 at any of our shows since RootsTech this past March.
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I checked out my emails - I can't see that I was offered any when I bought it - back in December. wondering if this was only a recent offer :(

Have to see - I have not received an email so maybe I will get it.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                      I understood that those who already have 2017 that there would be a free upgrade to 2019 later this year.

This is from Family Tree Maker facts:

Q: I've recently purchased FTM 2017 with a special offer to receive FTM 2019 as a free upgrade, is there anything I need to do?

A: Don't worry, we have your purchase recorded, and will email you information on how to pick up your free copy once we release the new edition. This applies to those of you who took advantage of a special upgrade offer we sent out late April or purchased FTM 2017 at any of our shows since RootsTech this past March.
                      There is a discussion of this on the FB page today, many people asking the same thing. If you bought the product on that offer (which was for people who didn’t already have FTM or theirs was too old to upgrade) then yes, you will get the 2019 upgrade free. Folks like me who bought the product in the back end of last year will not get the freebie.

Comment

ah well, I read further and as Tom was paying purchased it, we will see.

Comment

UPDATE ON THE FTM CONNECT APP AND WHETHER IT WORKS WITHOUT SUBSCRIBING TO TREEVAULT.

Here’s the answer I got from a senior contributor this morning.

“Yes, the "antenna tree" that's continuously updated in a user's TreeVault account is what the FTM Connect app points to and displays. And in reverse, in the first dot release your relatives will be able to send back notes that will appear on your Family Tree Maker tree in your Mac or PC with comments on your tree -- if you got something wrong or missed someone, etc. All that works by having your tree in TreeVault, and will stop working a year after the release of FTM 2019 if you decide not to subscribe.
                          Also note that these are the first four features to be completed and ready for final beta testing for release -- and ones that we thought were interesting and representative of the broad range of services that are brough together in TreeVault. There are more already in development and our job over the next year is to make the services valuable enough to be worth paying the equivalent of $1.65 a month ($19.95 divided by 12 months). Hope that helps.”

At today’s interbank rate that’s £15.55 and probably subject to VAT so likely £18.66 per annum
                          Last edited by GallowayLass; 16-05-19, 09:35.

Comment

Working...
                          X