Broderebund Family Tree Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broderebund Family Tree Maker

I am a new member but have been building my tree since 1997 on Broderebund Family Tree Maker 3.0 for Windows. It still works well but I know it is obsolete/not supported. Can any member recommend more modern software that will accept data from my programme. I have extensive entries and I am fearful of losing them

I use Family Historian and I'm very satisfied with it.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Stan
      there is a new version of FTM [no longer by Broderbund, but by Mackiev] it is very different to version 3.0 [I had that too, and various ones in between!]

Family Tree Maker makes it easier than ever to discover your family story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage. If you're new to family history, you'll appreciate how this intuitive program lets you easily grow your family tree with simple navigation, tree-building tools, and integrated Web searching. If you’re already an expert, you can dive into the more advanced features, options for managing data, and a wide variety of charts and reports. The end result is a family history that you and your family will treasure for years to come!

there are lots of people using FTM2017 myself included.

Last edited by Darksecretz; 28-11-17, 07:29.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
        I use Family Historian and I'm very satisfied with it.
        Thank you Elizabeth

Comment

Thank you. I have had a very helpful email from FTM

Comment

Hi stanlowy

I used FTM v3 originally and have moved successively to FTM2011 and will probably upgrade to FTN2019 shortly.

However, the reason I'm contacting you is that you may be able to answer a question I recently posted regarding box widths on descendant charts.

I'd be very grateful if you would have a look and give me your view.

Thanks

BazzerLondon

Comment

Working...
            X