Broderbund version 3.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broderbund version 3.01

I recently lost my computer and Broder bund version 3.01 program discs due to fire and I have all my data backed up on disc but my new computer (windows 10) will not accept the data without the operating program,
    as I can't get 3.01 now will a later version accept my saved data.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Arch.

I think you would initially need to convert your Broderbund version 3 files to Family Tree Maker 2015 - there is a 14 day free trial version available. Once you have done that you could then convert them to a more up to date version of FTM, e.g. 2017 which is due for release soon.

This guide might help -
    The official home page for Family Tree Maker customer support, with free live chat 24/7, updates and other resources, for all versions including our newest release, FTM 2019.

and if you need confirmation this will work, it might be worth contacting MacKiev direct who now own FTM and offer support for all earlier versions of the program.
    If you could not find your answer in our Support Center, and your question is urgent, we'd be happy to have a support agent assist you in a Live Chat (http://www.mackiev.com/techsupport/ftm/livechat.h
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      I think you would initially need to convert your Broderbund version 3 files to Family Tree Maker 2015 - there is a 14 day free trial version available. Once you have done that you could then convert them to a more up to date version of FTM, e.g. 2017 which is due for release soon.

This guide might help -
      The official home page for Family Tree Maker customer support, with free live chat 24/7, updates and other resources, for all versions including our newest release, FTM 2019.

and if you need confirmation this will work, it might be worth contacting MacKiev direct who now own FTM and offer support for all earlier versions of the program.
      https://support.mackiev.com/597357-Live-Chat-service
      Thank you Elaine I get by on the computer but I'm not very good so please humour me. Will I be able to upload all my data without the actual program 3.01 being installed on my computer.
      Thanks Arch

Comment

From what I have read, as long as you have the data file from version 3 then you should be able to open it with - or possibly import into - FTM 2015 starter edition - of which there is a 14 day free trial download.
        You then have to decide what you are going to do with that file, because after 14 days you wont be able to use the trial version any longer.

At that point you could -
        - upgrade to a more recent FTM version, e.g. FTM 2017 when it is released
        - or what might be more suitable is to export your file in GEDCOM format. This is a file type which can be read by almost all family tree programs and at this point you could use a freebie version of one of these programs to open the file and see what's there.

Initially I would download the FTM 2015 freebie which is on the first link I sent to you - and see if you can open your file with that. Let us know how it goes!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks for the advice Elaine I was unable to get FTM 15 but got FTM 14 then I had to download FTM 5 install my data into that then from that to FTM 14 now all up and working, huge relief as I've 1474 names in it.

Once again a big thanks to you.

Arch.

Comment

Glad it worked. My error - I did actually mean using FTM 2005 initially - not FTM 2015 (which doesn't actually exist!)
            Elaine

Comment

No worries everything came together.
              Arch

Comment

Working...
              X