Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 + FTM16 (with Vista patch) - Export to RTF not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 + FTM16 (with Vista patch) - Export to RTF not working?

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to help my wife setting up her new laptop.

Windows 10 64bits
    MS office 2016 installed/configured.
    Installed FTM16 + Vista Patch
    Did Run As administrator
    Did the Compatibility mode for all version Vista, W7, XP etc...

Now in the book section, the preview is not working, but as I understand from the forum, that is a common issue which can be worked around with CutePDF which is fine.

The main problem is that Export to RTF is not working, all options in the Export book are greyed out beside PDF which crashes the program.

Any pointers on how to resolve the issue would be great!

thank you!

Can anyone suggest something?

Comment

Long time since I have used FTM 2016 but I do seem to remember that there were printing issues.
      Even though you might not want to print from the computer you are working on, do you have a printer installed?
      Try changing the default printer of the computer to see if that helps?
      There always used to be a default "FTM printer" option, but not sure if that was pre 2016. If it's available then select that.

Even though it's an old program I understand that MacKiev (who have taken over FTM) are still offering support for all versions of FTM, even the very early ones. Have you tried contacting them on their Live Chat to see if they can help.
      If you could not find your answer in our Support Center, and your question is urgent, we'd be happy to have a support agent assist you in a Live Chat (http://www.mackiev.com/techsupport/ftm/livechat.h
      Elaine

Comment

I have Win10, FTM16 aka 2006 and Office 2007. I had Win7 then 8 and then 8.1 on the machine and each time things have gone ok, everything still working even though there were dire predictions that it FTM would not work.
        I will check the book feature you mention later. The general export of reports does work as I can export into MS Word no problem.
        Last edited by GallowayLass; 22-05-17, 10:39.

Comment

Sorry, forgot all about this thread. I have tried the book section. I made a book but it saved as a .fbk file and not a pdf which I expected as it says I need Adobe Acrobat to view it. I can't preview or open the book I created. I can't see an export to RTF option in the book section.
          That facility is available in the reports section and is working fine. I have just successfully exported a kinship report to Word in RTF format.

Comment

Working...
          X