Writing Family History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing Family History

Hi, Is anyone writing their Family History, if so which software do you use. I have tried Personal Historian, but I am not happy with the way it handles images. I would be grateful for any advice please.

I use Family Historian as my main database, it produces excellent narrative style reports however they can be a bit repetetive so to write articles etc I tend to use scrivener as I can draw together data from Family Historian and other sources to build articles etc.
    Last edited by jtaubman; 06-04-17, 07:19.
    Jane
    Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Don't know if it's what you're looking for but this site is specifically built around building a family history for future generation. It prompts with questions for you to answer, you can build subject related photo albums, share the whole thing with family and frieds, and even allow them to ping your questions list with their own thoughts and queries about your life and knowledge. Really based on building a resource for your future generations. Plus, it's free. http://genforward.org

Comment

Thank you all for you replies. Tommy I will have a look at your suggestion, it may be what I am looking for.

Comment

Working...
        X