Ftm 2014 updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftm 2014 updates?

Hi has anyone done the new updates for the FTM 2014.from mackiev.com the new owners of FTM, just wondering if anyone has had any problems with it, I have never been able to use FTM2014, just would never response,(always said it would let me know when there was a solution!! ) even tried reloading the CD, just wondering if this new update would make it work, or if anyone had any problems with it.....or should I stick to my old 2012 thanks....Lilly

I've not had my notification yet ? has anybody and I missed it

Comment

I installed the FTM 2014.1 update from Mackiev, some time ago. It creates a separate installation from my original FTM 2014 install. I've recently applied the latest update/patch to FTM 2014.1, from Mackiev. I've had no problems with any of them in Windows 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi also have installed update working fine , seems there are problems with sycn with Ancestry though ,Val did you get a email with a link that's how I got it. Also seems the 2017 is due for release soon. Fay
        Last edited by fay48; 21-03-17, 17:23.

Comment

Hi I dont think so unless I missed it, how long ago did you get it

Comment

thanks for this I just updated, and bought a license so I can have my tree on 3 pcs ,all sorted now

Comment

Hi Ive updated to FTM2014.1 via download but still retain my original FTM2011 on the pc. Daft question how do I "back up" the 2011 content so that I can upload it into FTM2014.1 and then when FTM2017 is released do I then have to reload the content. Sorry feel quite confused Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
                Hi Ive updated to FTM2014.1 via download but still retain my original FTM2011 on the pc. Daft question how do I "back up" the 2011 content so that I can upload it into FTM2014.1 and then when FTM2017 is released do I then have to reload the content. Sorry feel quite confused Thank you
                FTM always backup automatically when you close the program - look in Documents/Family Tree Maker folder and you will see a whole series of backups for each time you closed the program.

All you need to do is open the file in FTM 2014.1 and it will automatically convert the file to FTM 2014 and will ask if you want to retain a copy of the FTM 2011 file, say yes and you're away!
                Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                  FTM always backup automatically when you close the program - look in Documents/Family Tree Maker folder and you will see a whole series of backups for each time you closed the program.

All you need to do is open the file in FTM 2014.1 and it will automatically convert the file to FTM 2014 and will ask if you want to retain a copy of the FTM 2011 file, say yes and you're away!
                  Margaret
                  Hi Margaret I have moved on a little since I posted and have managed to upload two of my trees, however, one of the trees will not upload and says there is an error I have tried several times so will contact FTM unless anyone has any other suggestions. Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Just gone back to revisit and low and behold it has now uploaded. Thank you for your help Margaret

Comment

Working...
                    X