Family7 tree searching Ancstry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family7 tree searching Ancstry

Have been having a problem searching Ancestry from Family tree maker.
    Upgraded to 2014.1 but did not solve the problem. I am logged in and can sync my trees.
    However, when I go to an individual and click the ancestry leaf, I cannot access the data.
    Had no issue until two weeks ago on my 2012 version which is why I upgraded, hope I did not waste my money.
    I seem to be just going around in circles.
    eryka

Do you have an active (paid up) subscription to Ancestry?
    Elaine

Comment

Family7 tree searching Ancstry

I have just joined this forum hoping for some technical help but see it has more to offer so will be back later to add and research my tree.

I have loaded my upgraded Family tree maker 2014.1 and can sync to and log into ancestry but I unable to search leaf hints.
      Anyone else had this issue?
      Using Windows 7 on my PC, the software works on my tablet using windos10.
      eryka

Comment

I have merged your two identical messages Eryka to the 'Family Tree Software' section because that is where you are likely to get the best help for this type of query.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I have the same problem, I have an active subscription, I am logged in, it shows hints.
          When I select a hint, it either only builds the basic framework of the page, or the link itself is acting as if I am not logged in/subscribed (it hides the places dates etc).
          I contacted the new company who have the software licence and frankly, they were rubbish, trying to say it was my browser cache etc.
          I teach Internet and webpages and can definitely confirm it is NOT a cache issue.

What I am having to do is work on my tree from inside Ancestry and then Sync with my FTM application on my PC

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trevor

I was afraid that was the only option, seems a bit clumsy. I found the software owners less than helpful also.

Comment

I see from the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AncestryUK/) that there are big problems with hints at the moment and have been all week. It isn't necessarily the softawre, but the site itself.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

This has been going on for about three months Caroline

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                I see from the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AncestryUK/) that there are big problems with hints at the moment and have been all week. It isn't necessarily the softawre, but the site itself.

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
                  This has been going on for about three months Caroline
                  As, on and off and even longer than 3 months judging by the complaints I see, have the problems with the hints.
                  Caroline
                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                  X