choosing family tree chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choosing family tree chart

I have a list of ancestors, my father and approx. 10 siblings my mother and approx. 7 descendants then their descendant

I have my fathers father and 9 siblings fathers mother and 8 siblings plus her mother and father
    I have my mothers father and mother
    I have their parents and siblings
    I also have my children then grandchildren
    what chart do I start with (seven generations/ six generations landscape ??) etc
    I am sure that there will be more to add and where do I place myself in the chart

midway / bottom or will it place me automatically
    I have just purchased deluxe edition but don't want to activate registration until after xmas
    brian

ps
    I hope this makes sense
    in case it makes a difference im in queensland australia
    avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

If I understand correctly you have bought family tree software which allows you to print family trees.
    With all that type of software it does not really matter in what order you add the individuals as the computer will sort them when arranging whatever format of tree you want.

The software is really just a database, you fill in the individuals one at a time and link the parents to children by using the add parent or add child option (the program will suggest an individual if their details have already been added).

You can then print out a variety of different types of trees whenever you want, but be aware most of these computer programs use many sheets of paper to print trees.

Cheers
    Guy
    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

guy
      thank you for your reply
      it sorts out my questions
      brian
      avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
      researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Working...
      X