Adoption curly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoption curly question

I have a first cousin who I have put into the program under her registered parents. We knew she had been adopted out at 2 years of age and have now located her. I have not asked her yet if she minds me adding her adopted parents into my program but I am not sure how to do it anyway so would appreciate an expert opinion before I get to that curly question with her.

Depends on the software you are using. but most have the option to indicate that parents are the "adoptive parents", rather than birth parents.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi14au View Post
      I have a first cousin who I have put into the program under her registered parents. We knew she had been adopted out at 2 years of age and have now located her. I have not asked her yet if she minds me adding her adopted parents into my program but I am not sure how to do it anyway so would appreciate an expert opinion before I get to that curly question with her.
      Very tactfully I would hope, did you drop the bombshell to her or had she already known about her adoption and where she came from I would think the last thing she would be worrying about right now is your tree and placement of her and her adoptive parents.

Edna

Comment

Working...
      X