Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM to MySQL problem - syntax errors

Hello!

I've exported my tree from FTM 2014. I chose GEDCOM 5.5 and UTF8 format.

However, when I try to import this file into MySQL I get 'syntax' errors. From what I can make out, it would appear that FTM is using non standard tags.

Anyone else had this or any suggestions?

Tim

I thought MySQL is just a database tool, that you would configure it to read the format, and what data structures to store the data in. Have you taken those steps?

The Next Generation (TNG) genealogy database does use MySQL, as, I'm sure, do others.

Another thought would be to load you gedcom into another free genealogy database, and see if they can read it. The old PAF could do that, RootsMagic is free in its basic config - but I only suggest that so that you can demonstrate that the file is configured properly.

All about gedcoms

You can see that the format hasn't changed in quite a while, and that it's not quite as standardized as one might hope

Comment

Thanks for reply - I meant to post earlier that my original post was a waste of everyones time - posted by an old fool who didn't understand the technology he was trying to use! All sorted now, but I'm sure I'll have other 'nubie' questions in the near future!

Tim

Comment

Working...
      X